My little baby had another minor surgery this morning. This time it was to put tubes in his ears... much easier and less painful than the tear duct tubes!! I dropped off the big boys at the bus at 6:50am and we headed over to the hospital.

Gaven kept himself entertained until about 7:30
when they took him back. They told me they would be back in about 10 minutes.

Sure enough, 10 minutes later, they came wheeling him down the hallway. I loved the waiting room I was in because I could see straight down the hallway while sitting in the chair. I didn't feel like the dork getting up and looking around the corner every 2 minutes to see if he was coming yet.

When they got to the room, he was still out... and to be honest, I was dreading him waking up. I was afraid it was going to be just like it was for his
eye surgery.


Luckily, it wasn't. Once he started to stir enough, I was able to pick him up and hold him as he woke up. He wasn't kicking and screaming like he was the last time. They told me that this surgery is a lot less painful and he shouldn't really feel much pain afterward at all. He woke up just as happy as he would have waking up from a nap.
The only time he cried was when I put him into the van to come home and he realized he had a hospital band around his leg. He screamed the whole 15 minutes home, we cut it off, and then he's been just fine ever since.
It's hard to see your baby go through stuff like this, no matter how "minor" the surgery is. I'm just glad it SEEMS to be all over now. We're hoping this will be his last procedure for a while.
10 comments:
Ohhhhhhh, my sweet little Roozer!!
I just want to kiss that little sleeping face!!
Grandma hopes it's over for a long, long time now!!
Oh, sweet baby!
Sorry Brianna! I didn't know he was getting tubes today!! Hope everything went well. I love the picture of you two together... so sweet.
Oh!!! Poor baby and poor YOU! Going through stuff like that is difficult! I feel for you all. But glad that it went well.
I know how you feel. You want so badly to take the pain or problem upon yourself. I hope also you won't have to go through this for awhile. You have some cute pictures though. He's a trooper.
Oh man! I'm glad it turned out okay. Poor little guy. I can't imagine being in your shoes. How hard. Thank goodness for modern times though, eh?
I'm glad he's doing ok! Poor little guy!
Im glad that all went well, Its sure isnt fun having a baby have to go threw that. Porter when he was a baby was going to have that tear duct surgery but a week befor the surgery his ducts cleared out. We were lucky.
Poor little Gaven. That's got to be tough for a baby and just as tough for Mommy too!
So sweet! He looks so peaceful in that last picture. I'm glad he's doing well!
Post a Comment