Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Potpourri

I just had to put this cute picture of Gav to start this post. I found him with his little piggies hanging out of his crib the other night.
Carsen could hardly contain his excitement when this fall soccer season started. Here he is posing for me before one of his practices

He had been running really hard while dribbling the ball and fell. He scraped up his knee, so I pulled his sock up over it to protect it. Apparently it still hurt, as you can see in this picture.

We've started a small little tradition in our family that every time we have the missionaries over for dinner, we take a picture of them with the boys and send it to their families via e-mail. Here are a few of our recent photo shoots:


I've posted this one before, from our WA trip, but thought I'd include it in the mix with the rest.

We had to be creative the second time around with Elder Christiansen and Elder Goldsmith... we didn't want their families to be bored with another "serious" picture.

Yesterday, Jason had the day off, so all of us, including the dog, headed down to the lake. We decided to head to a spot that we knew some friends had been to and said that we could take Dakota.

It looks really pretty, and it WAS a beautiful day, but it wasn't the best area for swimming and playing with kids. The shore was really slimy and muddy, and there were a lot of sticks in the area that they could touch. We made the best of it, though.

I took a picture of the trail ahead on the way home. As always is when it comes to "hiking", it doesn't do the hill justice. It was fairly steep, especially for little boys who's mommy didn't have them wear the best hiking shoes.

We made it up just fine. In the car on the way home, we thought we heard Braeden spill his water all over himself in the back seat. When Jason asked, "WHAAAAAT was that?" You heard a sad little Braeden in the back say, "It was me throwing up!" Luckily at this point, we were just a few minutes from home. He threw up once more in the car before we got home. We thought it was just a bit of heat exhaustion, but later in the evening, he started not feeling well again. He's been home with Gaven and I today with a temperature as high as 103.2... Hopefully, he'll start feeling better soon. Even though they're SO sweet when they're sick, I don't like to see my babies not feeling well.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I hope Braeden starts feeling better soon and that the rest of you don't get it!

Bridget said...

What a cute idea. If I remember when the missionaries come next week, we'll do this, too.

Robin Conner said...

Fun missionary pics. We do the same here! The parents are always so grateful to recieve pics of their sons! The trip swimming looked like fun too! Dakota looked cute swimming in the water. No fun to have sick kiddos. Hope they feel better soon!

Unknown said...

I wonder if he is finally getting the bug that you guys brought here to share with us? j/k I am sorry our boy is not feeling well. Tell Dr. Dad to help him feel better FAST! Love the pix of all the kids swimming, even Koda.

Hill Family said...

What a great idea to take A picture of the kids with the "Elders" every time they eat with us, I might have to copy it!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute when they are trying to be brave after getting hurt!

Lewis Family said...

Gavin is one flexible guy! What a cutie. I also love the picture tradition with the missionaries... very cool! Throwing up in the car, never cool. Hope the little guy is feeling better soon.

Janene said...

I love the missionary pictures. What a great idea! And Gavin looks like he's just about too big for the crib...at least when he's sleeping sideways!