Last night, we had just put the boys to bed and I was in the living room ironing. I thought I kept hearing Gaven making noises on the wall that faces the front hallway (one wall of Gaven's room is in the front hallway). I heard the noise quite a few times, and it took me a while to realize that it wasn't coming from Gaven's wall, it was the front door. I walked over to the front door, a little hesitantly and listened. Sure enough, there was a small scratching noise on the door. So, I turned on the front porch light and looked through the peep hole. There wasn't anyone there, of course, but there was no mistaking a sound that was coming from the door. I went back into the living room and called Jason over, telling him that I thought something was scratching at our door. He was WAY braver than me and walked over, unlocked and opened the front door. He did it slowly and since I had gone back into the living room, only to peak around the corner, I couldn't tell if there was anything out there. He stepped back with the door still cracked and said, "Ya, there is something there, come look." I looked at him like he was crazy, cause he was, but then I realized it couldn't be something TOO harmless if he was leaving the door cracked open a little. When I peaked around the door, I saw a frog sitting on our door mat, just looking at me. I started to laugh because it was as if he came knocking and wasn't giving up until we opened the door. By the time we went to get the boys back out of bed so they could see, and I grabbed my camera, he had turned around and hopped away a few steps.
Here he is when he must have decided that braving the nasty thunder, lightning and rain was better than braving 3 little boys chasing after him trying to grab him!
I have to say, he was REALLY cute! Especially the way he just looked up at us when we opened the door.
I've told some of you, but last year our water-meter box lid was broken, so the frogs always used to get down in there. On hot summer days, we would find 2-3 in there at times. We weren't very smart and had the city come fix the lid. They replaced it with a really heavy, almost cast-iron like box. We were sad after that because there weren't any more frogs. I'm thinking of finding a way to prop it open a little so the frogs will come back to play. We miss them! After last night, I'm starting to think they miss us, too!
3 comments:
Of course the froggies miss those three prescious little boys. Who else loves them enough to pick them up, carry them around and then to put them back? I am sure they have been bored stiff not being able to see the boys!
What would life be like for little boys without frogs??
I was thinking it was a mouse or a giant Texas cockroach. I'm glad it was a cute frog.
Post a Comment