Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Latest

For starters, my mom sent me my memory stick that I forgot at their house and the envelope got here the other day completely empty. After calling the post office, it turns out that the machines that they put the letters through will rip things like that out of the package never really to be found again. BEWARE, if you're sending anything with any bulk, even as thin as an SD card, put it in a padded envelope or you might lose it. Luckily the pictures are backed up, but it will take longer for me to get the ones on here that I'd been waiting on the memory stick for.
Here's a picture of the second day of school, the boys getting off the bus (Carsen for the first time). He was so excited, he ran all the way over to me!
I just love these next two pictures of Gaven playing with Braeden. At first he was tickling his tummy and Braeden was uncontrollably laughing.

Then he just decided to sit on his face and take a little rest!

Our whole family was excited to have a day off today. The boys were exhausted, not only from the first week of school, but because of a mix-up with soccer, they ended up having to attend 3 soccer practices this week. That's a lot for a 4 and 5 year-old! Not to mention when I was taking them to school on Thursday and we didn't make it all the way down our street when we realized that we had a VERY flat tire. Thanks to my wonderful neighbor who got out of bed to come help us get the spare on (I know how to change a tire, but wouldn't have even known where to find the spare in our new van). It made for quite the morning. We had some fun out back today swimming. You'll have to look past Gaven's pink, Little Mermaid swimmer!

We were so proud of Braeden when we first got our pool and goggles for him and he started swimming. We've been out in the pool only a few times since we've been back from Washington and this is Carsen's new accomplishment. He's finally getting the hang of it.



Gaven really loves the water. If I let the older boys go out to swim, I'd better be ready to get in with Gaven, otherwise I'm going to have one ticked off little boy! This video was about the 10th time in a row that Jason had done this with him.

In other news, Gaven goes in Monday morning to get tubes in his ears. We're hoping that this will not only curb the infections and keep him healthier come this flu season, but maybe help him with his talking. He's been doing a lot better over the past month being able to say certain things, but it has to be difficult to hear and talk clearly when you're ears are full of fluid. We'll see.


1 comment:

Andrea McEntire said...

I love Gaven flying through the air with water words. Very cute.