Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hot 2 Trot 5k

It was just about a month ago that one of my best friends challenged me to be ready to run a 1/2 marathon with her in December. After the sticker shock went away, I realized I better get in gear if I was going to hold up my end of the bargain. I decided just a couple weeks later to sign up for a 5k. I would have 2 weeks to get myself ready. I wasn't convinced that I was ready, but when Saturday the 16th rolled around... ready or not, it was time.

For those of you "seasoned" runners, 36 minutes isn't the greatest time, but my focus wasn't on time. My goal was to complete the race having run the whole thing, without walking. I'm happy to report that I reached that goal. It was tough at times, but I did it!

I had my "fan club" there to cheer me on at the end (Jason and the kids). Jason got a picture of my time after I crossed the finish line and he realized I would probably want to know how long it took me.

My motivation:

(You'll have to excuse the hair, it was REALLY humid out!)

Bring on the 10k... but this time, I think I'll give myself more than 2 weeks to be ready!

... to be continued

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay Briana. Proud of you!!

Missy said...

Omigosh 2 weeks! I'm doing the C25K (couch to 5k) training app right now and I'm on week 7 thinking I still can't run a 5k without walking just yet. Great job doing it in just two weeks!

Robin Conner said...

Good job Bri! You did a great job! And that is pretty darn good time for only having 2 weeks to prepare! I'm training for a 1/2 in the winter too! I wish we were closer so we could run together! Good luck! You rock!!!
p.s. your little family is so adorable! They are all growing up so fast! So scrumptious!!!

Janene said...

Way to go Briana! You did GREAT! I'll be there in the fan club next time! :) And by the way, you don't even need to excuse your hair...you look great!