Monday, July 11, 2011

Baked, Not Fried... okay, maybe both!!

This weather has been outrageous over the last month. Our average high for July is 94 and the forecast for the next 10 days is: 101, 103, 104, 104, 103, 104, 104, 104, 103, and 103. I saw on the news a couple weeks ago that we have already had 22 days over 100. That was about 10-12 days ago and we haven't had a day under 100 since. CRAZY!!!

Needless to say, one of the best purchases we ever made while living here in TX is our pool!!


It's not an uncommon occurrence for the boys in my family (all 4 of them) to literally fight over who gets Kamryn in the evenings. Dad usually wins out since he hasn't seen her all day... but that's usually accompanied by a lot of, "Dad ALWAYS hogs Kamryn" comments!

I think I FINALLY figured out what to do with Gaven!!

All ready for church on Sunday.

Braeden wanted me to take a picture of him with the 2 dogs that we are watching for the week. He didn't want me to get his underwear, though, so instead of going back inside to get some shorts on, he tried his best to cover them up.

This is Chloe. I've always wanted a chocolate lab... so I'll get my fix for this week and that should hold me over for a LONG time!

This is Sasha. Isn't she just the cutest. LOVE the ears!

Coming from our dog Dakota that we had a while back... these 2 dogs are a breath of fresh air. They are VERY well behaved! I was telling the boys that Kamryn and I are no longer outnumbered, it's 4-4 in our house now!

So that's our story for the past few days. We have the District baseball tournaments starting tonight. It kills me that my boys play at the same time and I only get to see one of them. I know it's life, and Dad will be at the other game, but STILL!! I'm sure I'll have baseball to report at the end of the week.

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Man, that is HOT! So glad you have the pool too. THat Kamryn is a CUTIE. Oh my goodness. How cute that the boys fight over her.
Take care girl!

Janene said...

Geez, where have I been? Apparently not checking blogs! I may have to steal some photos from you... :) I LOVED Kam's "horns" with the little piggietails up on top. She's so cute!

I love the baseball pics. They seem so old in their little uniforms. What is it about baseball pants? :)

My kids keep asking to go back to Lions Junction. We'll have to go again before school starts back up.

I didn't realize that Carsen had been IN the parade! That's awesome. I'm sure it was SO hot. They all looked so cute and patriotic. What a fun experience.

And I think you are a saint to watch someone's dogs for them while they are out of town...