One of the players on
Carsen's t-ball invited the team to ride on his Grandpa's float that's in the
Belton 4
th of July Parade every year. So we dressed the part and headed to the parade, despite the forecast of 103 degrees!

Carsen was excited (probably because he didn't know what he was getting into!)

Here are the other three while we were waiting for the 173rd float to come by (did I mention it was HOT!!).


We were just glad we weren't the Chick-
fil-A cow!!

We thought this one was cute. These were all little patients of a local Dr.

Despite the heat,
Braeden wanted to be front and center and waved at almost every float that went by (all 200-something of them)!!

Only in TX do you have a big tanker decorated in red, white and blue!

I soon realized that we were on the wrong side of the street to be able to see
Carsen when he came. So I dashed across and tried to get a few pictures of the kids before before
Carsen's team arrived. The horse had other ideas!! (That's
Braeden right behind it)


We were also glad we weren't Ronald! Not just because of the heat!

Here they finally come... 173 floats later!
Carsen is second from the left.

After it was all over, I asked him if he had fun and his response was, "It was kinda long, and REALLY hot!" My sentiments exactly!!!
2 comments:
How fun for Carsen! I remember those ridiculously HOT Texas days. Yuck.
How fun for Carsen! I remember those ridiculously HOT Texas days. Yuck.
Post a Comment