Our biggest task while my mom was here, was getting the nursery ready for
Kamryn. We made a valance and a bed skirt.

Here's a closer view of her name. It's amazing how long and tedious it is to paint 6 letters that have the dimension that these do.

Back when I was in WA during the summer, I saw this sign at a store. I LOVED it, but didn't know yet that we would be having a girl. I knew I wanted to go back and get it once we found out we were having a girl. When my mother-in-law tried to find it, they didn't have it anymore, and ordering it online was going to be VERY pricey,
soooooo.... I thought to myself..... why can't I MAKE it??

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and even happier to have my mom here to help and think of ideas like putting little rhinestones on for some added
bling.

We found these little flowers in the unfinished wood section and my mom pointed out that they matched the big flower in her comforter. I painted them to look like the comforter flower and they are perfect for all her hair accessories! If you click on the picture, you can see it a little bit better... the ribbon matches the ribbon of the princess sign.

Here's the valance that we made.

It's so exciting to walk down the hallway with her door open and see her name on the wall. Now all we need is baby
Kamryn. And she needs to be a SHE!!!
10 comments:
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were the mom of all boys, expecting your first girl! The room looks adorable Brianna! I'm so excited for you to have a little princess.
HI Brianna - I'm sure you don't remember me, but I was a couple years behind you at MVHS (and was in basketball, but ended up quitting). I found your blog through Aimee L. I've finally decided to stop being a silent blog stalker and comment...your family is adorable, and congratulations on the baby girl on the way! The room looks fantastic, and I love the sign you made. Your mom looks great, too! (I used to sit by her at the basketball games). I'm at cougarsinoregon.blogspot.com if you want to check out my page.
Soo cute! I love her comforter. I'm impressed by your painting skils, they look so professional. I'm so excited for you guys to have a little girl.
Briana! I LOVE it all! You did a great job... I'm totally impressed that you already have all that done. As I was looking at the pictures I kept thinking "what if it's a boy?" so I thought it was funny that you said 'she needs to be a she'! :) She's going to be one spoiled little girl!
everything is very cute! when are you due, again?
Bri, it all looks lovely... I am proud of you for not giving up and making that sign yourself... I never would have known... very professional. :) It all looks so lovely. I am super excited for you and all the boys... I've said it before, and I'll say it again... that is going to be one cared for (and protected) little girl with all those boys around. :)
What a cute name! The room is coming together so well; great job!
Sooooo super cute! I'm so excited for you to be having a little "she". She will be precious. Her room is so adorable! And I love the name you've picked for her. Super cute! ♥
I love it!!! Wish we could see you -- we'll have to figure out a way! :)
SUPER CUTE!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment