Sunday, October 31, 2010

BBQ Bandits are U-8 Champions

Braeden's last soccer game of the season happened to be against the other team that they were tied for first place with. Braeden played goalie the first 2 quarters (they play 4 - 8 minute quarters) and midfield the second two quarters. He didn't touch the ball in the goal, but at midfield he had one of his best games of the season!

It was tied 0-0 at the end of regulation. They played two 6 minute sudden-death (first team to score wins) overtime periods... and STILL tied 0-0.

They then had a shoot-out. I told my mom, even though they are only 6 and 7 year-olds, I got a little glimpse of what she went through back in my sports days. Braeden's coach chose him to be the goalie. I love that Braeden took it in stride and was up for the challenge. You could see his game face come out and he was ready to go!

He saved the first 2 shots, barely missed the third one, and saved the 4th... His team scored 3 of their first 4, so after Braeden saved the 4th shot, it was over and they were U-8 Champions!!

It's tradition after the game for parents to form a tunnel while both teams run through to shake hands. I love this picture because it really captures Braeden and the pure joy he had after winning the game. You can see him hitting Carsen's hand, and that's Jason to the left with the black jacket on, with Gaven between his legs.


They were given their 1st place trophies and posed for a team shot.
Mommy and Daddy are so very proud of you, Braeden!
Way to go BBQ Bandits!!!

1 comment:

Robin Conner said...

Way to go BBQ Bandits! So cool! I love the happy face on Braeden running through! Super cute! I also love Carsen's banana and peanut butter sandwich further down.! That was some great sandwich building skill! He'll be a pro when he's older! ;) And I'm still sooooo excited to see pink too! ;) Congrats!