Sunday, September 26, 2010

The week in review

Here are some pictures I've taken over the past week or so. The weather here continues to be a killer. These first pictures are with my camera phone (so not the greatest quality). I'm not sure if you can see the sweaty, red faces, but at every practice and game, they are there!

Gaven and I had some errands to run. We were in Dick's Sporting Goods and he wanted to try on a baseball helmet. This is the one that he picked:
I told him that one was a little too big, so we tried this one instead.
All three boys had a dentist appointment the other day, so Gaven and I went to Burger King to eat and play and kill some time.
He's posing in THIS picture:
What I DON'T have pictured was when I saw him at the top of the play-place and noticed that he had pooped in his pants. Getting him down without him sitting on his bottom was a challenge. Then I realized I hadn't replaced his change of clothes that I had used at the beginning of the week. We hurried home, changed and went to pick up the big boys.
Ironically, the part the boys love the most about the dentist is the HUGE dollhouse they have in the waiting room.
They all have clean teeth now.

I was so proud of Carsen the other day when he wrote this all by himself. I asked him if anyone told him how to spell them and he said that his teacher told him how to spell tree at school, but that was it. I was happy to see that some of what he's being taught is actually sticking and he's remembering it!

Saturday brought on more soccer games. I finally remembered to bring the camera. Jason took some pictures during Carsen's game. You can barely see the ball in the bottom left corner of the net. GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLL!!

Braeden's team played next. I love this picture because it looks like he's boxing out in a basketball game. Instead, it's just a throw-in and he's trying to stop the blue kid from getting open!


By the end of Braeden's game, Gaven was done for it. We were ALL ready to get out of the heat, humidity and sun! It was miserable out there!
I'm proud of the boys... they're working hard with minimal complaining of how hot it is. We're looking forward to some cooler temperatures in the near future!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Love and miss those little guys!! Wish I could be at their soccer games. :(

I love the picture of Braeden "boxing" the players out. I remember the day when his mommy used her "body" to do the same. I'm hoping you all get some cooler weather, like I said before...I'll trade you ours for yours.

Robin Conner said...

Super cute! What great little soccer players! And Gaven is a good sport to sit and watch too! Soon he'll be out there with them on the field!!! I'm glad my boys are the only ones that like to play with doll houses! ;)

Janene said...

I love the trow-in picture. You're teaching him pretty young, don't you think, Briana? I mean, throwing elbows at a soccer game? Don't you know people can get bloody noses? ;)