Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lucky Me


With our ultrasound just around the corner, I've been pondering the thought of having a family of 4 boys (because, let's be honest, we all KNOW it's going to be a boy!) I've thought about how lucky I am to already have 3 special little boys to raise. I love the things they do, the things they discover, the things they say, and the energy they have.

For example, Sunday morning the boys were being pretty crazy. We told them to go find a book, sit down and read for a bit. Braeden went and got one of his Magic Tree House books and sat on the couch to read. I kept hearing things like, "I really like this one, Mom." And, "Mom, this one is really good." And, "I just can't put it down." Well, he didn't... and an hour and a half later, he was done. I'm sure glad I bought a suitcase full of books at garage sales while in WA!!
The other night at dinner, Carsen discovered that his ice cubes looked like a Star Wars Tie Fighter (click on words if you don't know what it looks like).
I'm lucky that I get smiles like this nearly EVERY day!


It's really easy when you have three boys and they need warm coats... you just buy three of them. (I'm not sure if I'm going to keep these or not yet, they were a little more than I wanted to spend).
Little boys can pull off any sort of outfit, especially when it has camouflage!!
We finally had a day when we could be outside and not sweat to death. Little boys are easily entertained when they're outside!



Even if they're doing "inside things" like watching their friends play something Star Wars on the computer.
And last "Lucky Me"... I woke up to these sweet faces this morning. How could I ask for anything more?

8 comments:

Mags said...

I expected a 4th boy as well. When the technician asked me what I thought, pointing at the screen, I asked 'boy?' She laughed and said, 'No, girl. Do you know what you are going to do with a girl(I had all the boys with me at the ultrasound)?' I honestly couldn't answer. I am glad you are prepped for a 4th boy. I did the same and would have been completely happy with whatever the Lord wanted in our family. Can't wait to hear for sure what you are having.

Cassidy said...

They are cuties, that's for sure. Are you sure you're having another boy??? Can't wait to find out!!

Janene said...

Happy Birthday Briana!!!!! You sure are lucky to have such cute boys, but I think they're pretty lucky to have such a great mom like you! I don't know that many moms who would load up a bunch of gear, take her kids to a park, and teach them how to play baseball, or soccer, or football, or nearly anything else, but you do it! You are SSSSOOO good with them, and they are certainly lucky to have you! And We're all lucky to have you as a friend. Hope you have a great day!

Debbie said...

You ARE a very lucky Mommy to have those 3,adorable boys, but they are just as lucky to have you as their Mommy!! I always remember you telling me you thought you'd be a "Mom" of boys. I don't know of any other person that is so cut out for that job. I think you enjoy the everyday doings of little boys as much as they do. Whether baby #4 is a boy or girl, I know it will be extremely lucky to join your family. 2 weeks from today, we'll know. Love you!

Doodle said...

My sister has 3 boys and is now pregnant with a little girl! So you never know!!!

Missy said...

Well we know you make really cute little boys so that's a plus. ;) And if you do have a little girl, she's got built-in bodyguards(coming from a girl with four older brothers). Either way, you're set!

Ashley said...

You have adorable boys! No matter what your next one is he/she will be adorable too!

Bridget said...

So apparently I haven't looked at your blog in a couple of weeks because you being pregnant is a surprise for me. Congratulations on Baby Girl. Seriously. So great. I didn't believe the ultrasound tech when she said I was having a girl. I looked at her and said something like, "I've got 4 boys. Could you double check that?" She got an OB to come in and move the wand around to check for me.

Should I tell you that my brother Brett and his wife painted the nursery pink this past spring? Multiple ultrasounds. Definitely going to be a girl. Yeah, in June when baby Jackson was born Brett looked at his penis not comprehending what it was and wondered what it was. Because seriously they thought they were having a girl. Ha ha. He was overjoyed to have a son.

Four boys is great. Three boys and a girl are great. Whatever comes, congratulations!