Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lunch with my Tigers


Tuesday, being my birthday, and my boys having begged to have lunch with me at school, Gaven and I went and had lunch with the boys. We brought Burger King, but were running a little late since I didn't think about 10:30 being a little early for BK to be serving lunch. I didn't have a choice since Carsen's class eats at 10:50am. They made us our food fresh and we were on our way. We got there just in time, even after spilling soda all down the front of me AND leaving my wallet in the office, Carsen was happy to see us!
We had a great time, but then had an hour to kill before Braeden's class had lunch. We went out to recess with Carsen (I didn't take pictures for fear that the teachers would think that was a little stalkerish sp?), then we killed some time in the school lobby. We spent a lot of time at the drinking fountain, then wouldn't go potty in the noisy-flushing bathroom... probably why we wet our pants a little bit later... actually HE, not we!

One thing that is neat here is that ALL of the elementary schools, middle schools and the high school in our district have the Tiger as their mascot. I think it's a great way as kids grow up and go through the school system to build school pride. I think it would have been neat to say that I was a Tiger all my life! (Just a little side note)

Then we had lunch with the walrus... I mean Braeden.

It's always funny to see the dynamics of your children's relationships at school. I love that Braeden is so kind to all of his classmates. As each one walked by after getting their lunch to sit down at the table next to us, Braeden called them by name and said hello. They were all genuinely happy to say hello back. One little girl walked by and after she sat down, Braeden told me that EVERYONE in his class says that she really likes him. When I looked over to the other table, there she was making eyes at him with a huge smile on her face. Braeden politely, and rather cutely smiled back to her and my thought was, "No wonder she likes you, when you give her that sweet smile!" Oh brother!!!

That was Tuesday. Last night, a sweet friend came over to watch the boys so Jason and I could go out to dinner. We went to a FABULOUS little Mexican restaurant over by the hospital. I should have taken a picture of my food, but I forgot. However, I DID get a picture of the guacamole that we ordered. It's called Guacamole Live, and this is why:


It was absolutely fabulous!!

4 comments:

Cassidy said...

Happy Birthday! How fun that you went to lunch with your boys!! And YUM! I love LOVE Mexican, especially when Pregnant.

Robin Conner said...

Cute pics! You're so good doing the school lunch thing with your boys. I dread doing that. But make a goal to do it at least once during the school year. ALL those kids stress me out! ;) Love the "live guacamole". That looked awesome! YUM!!!

shauni said...

Cute pictures! I love the Walrus teeth. The guacamole looks great, I'm going to have to get the name of that resturaunt from you!

Lewis Family said...

What is the name of this restaurant? I want that guacamole!!