This story that goes with this next video is as follows: Before the show, Braeden and Carsen were talking about how big the characters would be. I told them as big as their Dad and Carsen had to confirm and make sure that they were just going to be wearing costumes. I told them yes. When we got there, Braeden was VERY suspicious and wondered if they weren't real, then why did their voices sound JUST LIKE the ones on TV? I started to play along and said, "I don't know, maybe they ARE the real ones."
Abby, a fairy on the show, was on stage, trying to do magic. She was really struggling and couldn't do what she was wanting to do. Braeden turned to me, as if to confirm his thoughts and said, "Mom, I don't think they're real, because Abby can't do magic and on the show, she CAN!"
Then THIS happened:
Braeden turned to me with the biggest eyes I've ever seen and said, "MOM, they ARE real... Abby just did MAGIC, just like she does on the SHOW!!"
It would have been cute had it ended there, but in the car on the way home he said, "I'm the ONLY one in my class that believes in magic, nobody else does, but they're wrong!" It still would have been cute had it ended there, but this is what he said once we got home:
"I'm the only one that believes in magic and the rest of my class DOESN'T know what they're talking about. When I go to school, I'm going to tell them that magic IS real because I saw it on the Sesame Street!!" He went on a little longer and it was at that time that I realized that I needed to correct him and save him some embarrassment at school. I explained to him how the magic worked, but he was still concerned about the voices... after I explained that, he understood, felt a little silly, and dropped it. Gotta love innocence!!
I'm really glad I decided to take the boys! They all loved it, and I have to say, even I thought it was pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment