Friday, June 11, 2010

1st Grade Awards

We are so very proud of our big 1st grader. He made the transition to 1st grade with flying colors and never looked back. I asked him at one point if he wanted me to see if he could participate in the Kindergarten graduation at the end of the year, he told me, "Mom, I'm in 1st grade now." I guess that settles that!

Gaven, Jason and I went to his 1st grade awards ceremony. I wasn't surprised that Braeden received so many well deserved awards.

One of his biggest accomplishments was making the "All A Honor Roll." He was also very diligent in doing his reading EVERY day. It showed in his accomplishments, too. When last tested, he was reading at a 4th grade end of the year level. His teacher later told us that when she was testing him and they got to that point, she told him: "Braeden, we're going to stop here because Mrs. Jones is tired." It will give him something to be excited about at the start of this next school year.

Braeden and his teacher, Mrs. Jones.
Here is the best video Jason could get.

No comments: