Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Day of School

Here are the two boys on their last day of school.

Jumping for joy!!

I thought I would do a comparison picture for both of them. I tried finding the same clothes, but Carsen had grown out of both his shirt and shorts.

(L-First Day, R-Last Day)
Braeden has on the same shirt, but the shorts he wore on the left (first day) are too small and are the shorts Carsen is wearing in the picture on the right, above.

I thought there would be more of a visible difference in the pictures because I KNOW they have grown a ton. Especially Carsen. If you look at Carsen's pictures, you can see the difference in the length of his arms and legs, and I guess when you take into consideration that they are both wearing a size bigger from the first day to the last, and the clothes fit them the same, you realize how much they've grown.

I'm so proud of them both! I mentioned Braeden's accomplishments in a previous post, but didn't talk about Carsen yet. Pre-K was a GREAT experience for him. He's now writing his name VERY well, which he couldn't do at the beginning of the year. The other thing I'm very proud of him for is his reading. He's started being able to sound out simple words and recognize site words. That's a big step for him, because unlike his brother, it's a little harder for him to try things that he's not comfortable with. He gets frustrated and doesn't want to do it anymore. We've been having fun since the summer started, working more on his reading, and he continues to improve!

No comments: