Thursday, March 4, 2010

To the moon and back

Dear Gaven,
There are times in my life that it is incredibly hard to put into words how much I love you! Every night I check on you before going to bed. Sometimes the sheets are thrown with piggies and other body parts getting cold and I cover you back up. Other times, I check on you and you haven't even moved from the time I put you down. I LOVE tucking you in at night.
Dear Carsen,
There's something about you that cannot be described. It could be your boyish grin, or the fact that you are NEVER sitting still... even when you sleep. It could be that I see a lot of myself in you... or it could just be that you delight in the simple things in life, like nice pearly whites after a visit to the dentist.
It did something to my heart to listen to you boys with your friends the other night, eating popcorn, watching a movie and giving me a chorus of giggles in the background as I cleaned the kitchen.

Dear Braeden,
I hope you never forget how much your brothers look up to you. You are like Superman to them. You can do no wrong. It's mommy's wish that you will show them how it's done. I couldn't have been prouder the other night when we were getting ready to leave the baptism and your brothers were playing in the hallway, but you were in helping take down the chairs (an idea all of your own). They might not have noticed then, but they're watching you. You make me proud and I couldn't have wished for a better older brother for your younger brothers.

Dear Boys,
There isn't much more in this world that could make me happier than seeing the three of you happy together. You all had footy jammies on the other night and wanted me to take this picture. I love you in your jammies. Maybe it's because I know I get to give you goodnight hugs and kisses. I love that you always have to give me one more kiss than I give you, just to show me that you "love me more." That's okay for now, but I hope that someday you will realize that a Mother's love can never be topped.

It's been so much fun introducing you to new sports especially since it's something I love so much. We went to the store and bought baseball gloves, balls, a tee and a bat. We had the first of many hours of playing ball in the backyard.

Carsen, you're my "Natural." It comes so easy for you. It's such a joy to see the love you have for sports already!

Braeden, even though sports don't come as easy to you, with your determination you can overcome any lack of talent, you can do whatever you put your mind to.

Carsen, Mommy was so proud of you when I told you to see if you could stop the ball before it went by you and you did it! I wish I had a picture of the smile on your face after you did.

P.S. Braeden and Carsen: I hope you never forget the special relationship you have with your brother. Best Buddies for life!
P.S.S. Gaven: I promise I will bring back the left-handed glove I accidentally got for you and get you one that you can use with your brothers!
I love you boys, to the moon and back!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

OMG......made me cry to read that!! Love that post!! I hope those 3 little boys realize how very lucky they are to have you as their Mommy!!

s g said...

this is so cute, and I know the boys will love that you recorded so many precious moment, your boys are absolutely so cute, and your winning smile shines in ALL of them!!! you should be so proud :)

Jay said...

All Carsen has to do is hit 100 on the gun and be able to throw a knee buckling bender. Looks like he has a good start.

Unknown said...

It always amazes me to see the difference that can come from the same "gene pool". Each boy is so special in his own way. I love all of you to forever and back! There is just something so sweet about little ones asleep. Not so cute on the Papa's, but the little ones are adorable! Does that have to do with the sounds????

Andrea McEntire said...

That was so sweet Bri.

christyephillips said...

Love it! You made me cry. You have inspired me to write letters to my kids too!

Robin Conner said...

That was so sweet Bri! So cute and touching the love you have for your sweet little boys. You've inspired me to do the same.!