Monday, March 8, 2010

I'd rather be reading...

Braeden's teacher e-mailed me this picture that she took of him at recess the other day. I had asked her about some books that were in the Scholastic book order because it didn't have the reading level listed and I wanted to make sure they would be challenging for him, but not TOO challenging. She checked out a few from the library for him to look at and told me that he sat for the entire 20 minutes of recess just like this, reading his book. Needless to say, he LOVED the books (Magic School Bus chapter books) and can't wait until the book order arrives at school.
Seeing this picture brought back memories of another picture. I can't believe how much my little boy is growing up!
(3-years old, on his first day of Sunbeams at church)

5 comments:

Debbie said...

It's no wonder he is such a smart little boy. Or should I say "medium" boy?? He IS growing up way too fast!

Cassidy said...

Wow. That's awesome he's so in to reading!!

Katie said...

that's awesome! Maya loves reading, too. (She's in 1st grade). She really likes the Magic Tree House series, and has just discovered Geronimo Stilton. She also loves reading the big fat Garfield comic books, lol.

Janene said...

That is so cute! What a handsome guy! Carson loves the Magic Tree house books, plus the research guides (facts), Ready Freddy, and the A to Z mysteries. :) It's so fun to watch them get excited about reading.

Unknown said...

Braeden, you are soooo smart to love reading that much. The whole world will open up to you as you learn to read more and more. I am so glad to see that you love reading, but remember to play, too. That is the job of being a kid! Love you!