Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow Day

It snowed yesterday. This picture was taken about 8:30am, an hour after it started snowing. We were excited to see it sticking.About a 1/2 hour later, we took Gaven out for just a few minutes. We knew we were going to get more and most likely the older boys would be home from school early, so we didn't want to freeze him before they got home.

Love this one!

Gaven had his little friend from across the street over and they were mesmerized by the snow.

This was our backyard with about 2 inches.
The boys, excited and all ready to go outside.

This is their first time EVER being in snow.

Braeden went after Carsen with a snowball, and this is Carsen retaliating. The thing that Braeden forgets is that he might miss Carsen, but Carsen is NOT going to miss him! This picture was taken just before impact!

Gaven getting ME!


The boys thought it was a good idea to make a snow pile at the bottom of the slide. After Carsen slid, he didn't think it was such a good idea.

Braeden's turn

Gaven's turn

After about 5 minutes out back, Braeden went inside to warm up a bit (whimp!) and Carsen and I made a snowball. Of course he had to jump on it!

Brothers

Braeden eventually decided to come back out and here they are building a snow fort to hide behind so that it isn't as easy for Mom to hit them with snow balls.


This is my favorite picture because you can actually see the HUGE snowball Braeden threw at me just about ready to hit me right in the chest!


Gathering more snow for snowballs.

We got a total of about 3 inches, even though the ruler says 2.5.

Where's Carsen?

Since Daddy was working from noon-11pm, he didn't get to go out in the snow until this morning with the boys. He told us not to touch the front yard because he wanted to build a snowman with them in the morning. So we didn't, but we should have. The snow consistency had completely changed and at this point you couldn't even really make a snowball anymore.

Cute Gaven... not so cute nose!

I love this picture, too. It shows how the snow didn't stay in a ball very well!

My 4 boys

Cute Carsen

Gaven stomping snowballs

A few videos from the first day of snow.




5 comments:

Nicole said...

How fun was that? Great footage!

Katie said...

How fun!! My kids have never seen snow, either! Looks like a really fun afternoon.

Robin Conner said...

Great pics. I love the one of Gaven with is tongue out and also the one of Jason getting hit with a snowball! Fun!!! I haven't forgot about calling you. I've been super slammed with my calling. I'll probably be able to call you this weekend or next week. ♥

Debbie said...

FUN TIMES at the OK Corral!!!

That snow better be long gone and there needs to be some warm sunshine before Grandma comes for her visit. Hurry Sunshine!!

Jana said...

How do you have snow in Texas and I have no snow and sunny skies in Washington. I'm jealous. I thought for sure I finally get to see some snow here. That's life. You look like you guys all had so much fun. I love the cold red noses.