On Monday, Jason started digging "the hole" for our Christmas present from my parents. He wasn't too thrilled about digging a hole deeper than the one he dug for the tree, but he knew the end result would be worth it!

It made it even more difficult since our sprinkler pipes ran through the area. It's hard to tell, but that hole is a little over 2ft. deep!

After the concrete was poured and the bottom pole set, it was time to go to work on the other half of the project.

We had a super-duper neat surprise yesterday, on Christmas Eve! We got snow! Alright, so I know some of you live in areas where you get WAY more snow than this on a regular basis, but for us, this was cool! The boys have never even seen snow, so needless to say, it was a special treat.

I figured I'd throw in a picture of our stockings, since I finally finished them all this year. Gaven didn't even have one last year, and the one
Braeden had was too small because I messed up when cutting it out.

Santa must have known what Grandma and Papa were getting us for Christmas!

The boys were really excited when they woke up. This was definitely a very simple Christmas when it came to gifts. It was nice... they opened a gift each from my parents... The older boys got Razor scooters.


They immediately started riding them around the house.

We were helping Gaven with his gift from my parents and next thing I know, I turned around to find them like this: ...it never fails!!

Gaven has been having a ton of fun with his Jump-O-
Lene. We had one when the older boys were little, so we knew it would be a big hit with Gav.

Then it was time to put the hoop and top part of the pole onto the bottom part of the pole. We told the kids to stay in the playroom so they could be surprised. They hadn't seen the hoop put together yet.

Gaven was the first out.

I LOVE
Braeden's reaction. He was saying, "
Woooooooow!"
Carsen was the last one to "scoot" his way out.

Gaven's first basket
Braeden giving it a shot

It was cute at first that Gaven kept fussing, wanting to be held up to shoot the ball, but after a while it was pretty annoying that Jason and I didn't get any time to shoot!
Carsen was in little boy heaven!

Later, we opened a few gifts from Jason's parents. The boys each got a
Wii game, so Daddy helped them to figure it out.

Gaven got Elmo from Santa, and had a big bird already. Jason's parents got him the Cookie Monster and Ernie. He LOVES them!
It's always hard to be away from family during Christmas time (it's been the 3rd year in a row that we haven't made it back west for the holidays). It's just our little family here. It makes me sad at times when you look outside and see all the other houses in the neighborhood lined with cars of family getting together. I have to say, though, our webcam has been nice! We get to let grandparents watch the boys open their gifts, and it doesn't feel like they're really that far at all.
We've had a very simple Christmas, shootin' hoops, jumpin', scootin' and playin'. When it all comes down to it, I know I'm one of the luckiest girls to have the 4 most special boys in my life with me this Christmas Day. And to the rest of our family, who all these pictures are REALLY for, we love you, miss you, and hope that our Christmases apart are becoming fewer and further between!
3 comments:
Ok, make Grandma cry!! It's bitter sweet around here. Love celebrating with Colee and Erik and Chris' family, but let me tell you there is such an empty feeling without my Mann Clan!! Can we warp speed the time until you live closer (even if it means I have to get older)??????? Love to all of you, Thank God for web cams!!
What a fun Christmas!!! I love the pic of Gaven with his toys lined up in a row. So, cute!
OH my goodness, how cute is your family? They all look so much alike, while still looking different from one another as well. The boys scooting on their Razors in their underwear - hilarious. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment