It's hard to believe that it was just 2 short years ago, today, that Gaven joined our family. I can't remember what things were like before he was here. Here he is, not even a day old at the hospital.
He still has those eatable cheeks, chubby little hands, and beautiful eyelashes to accent the twinkle in his eye, but the thing I love most about my little boy is that he STILL loves to cuddle. He's a paci taker and a blankie lover and when you mix the two, it makes for lots of lovin' from my youngin'. People often ask us how we can get him to nap on us at church (since it starts at 1pm). My answer to that is, all you have to do is put his blankies on your shoulder.
I'll preface this by saying that I tried to post a picture of him opening at least one gift from each family member that couldn't be here... which is everyone. I figure since they don't get to watch him open, the next best thing is pictures... so sorry for the redundancy... I know, you can only look at so many pictures of a 2 year old opening presents.
As I've said before, the kid LOVES Elmo, and this is a little Elmo game from Nanu and Papa.
Take II, tonight:
Gaven's reaction when first seeing his cake:
Blowing out the last candle
His Happy Birthday outfit from Auntie Sabra:

In case you ever wondered how you should cut an Elmo cake... Just ask the children what part of Elmo's face they want to eat. Can you guess what my children picked??
I forget that when you upload videos, they post them opposite from the way pictures post... so these videos are actually backwards. If you're going to watch them, watch the last one first.
We love you to pieces, Roo, and life hasn't been anything but better since you've been here. Happy 2nd Birthday, Buddy!
4 comments:
What a prescious baby! I am so glad you have been a part of our family for two whole years now. We love you Gaven! You make our life so much better by just being the sweet loving little boy that you are. We miss you! Happy Birthday to our Gaven!
Happy Birthday Gaven!
Could that little guy be any cuter? Roo Roo, we thought we loved you to death when you were born...nothing like we do today. You melt my heart when you see me on the web cam and your little face lights up!! Happy 2nd Birthday Sweetheart. Love you!!
XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO
He is so cute, but then again all your boys are!!!
Post a Comment