Sunday, October 11, 2009

More Pictures

One thing you learn, being a parent of multiple children, is that it gets harder with each child to control what they're able to get in to. We try to keep markers, scissors, glue and the like out of the reach of Gaven, but sometimes the boys forget to put them up. The other day, I was getting ready to head out and get the boys at the bus, and then head straight to Braeden's singing class, when Gaven came into the kitchen looking a little blue. No, he wasn't sad, he had blue marker oozing out of his mouth and ALL over his hands. He had gotten a hold of a blue marker and had bitten the tip off into his mouth. He was still sucking on the tip. My first thought was, "Oh NO! I wonder what the carpet in the playroom looks like!!"I took these pictures later that night at dinner, so he had been cleaned up. Amazingly, the marker came off of his face pretty well... it took a while before his fingers weren't blue anymore.

Gaven and I had a good time bowling one day. (He looks like he's kicking it in this picture, but he actually bowled it.)

I often catch him sitting like this in his highchair... all kicked back and relaxed.

I can't help but tickle his "choppers," as we call them.

Gaven has a new found fascination with Elmo. Anything Elmo, or sometimes even anything red is pointed out to be Elmo. I'm making him an Elmo costume for halloween and when we showed him the fabric that hadn't had anything done to it yet, he said "MELMO, MELMO, MELMO!!!" He goes on and on until we acknowledge that he's saying it. Here he is, watching a little bit of Elmo's World.

I wanted to take a picture the other night of Carsen in his jammies, for one because my kids hardly ever wear jammies, and two because I love it when they have those skin tight jammies on. He was being a little goofy.

Jason's mom sent us a package yesterday that had a little something for all of us... even Dakota. I thought she would enjoy seeing Dakota devour her treat.

Which brings us to this morning... first things first, we send one of the kids out to get the newspaper. Jason and I figure the neighbors would think it's much cuter to see one of the little munchkins getting the paper in their jammies than one of us!!

Carsen has been playing with his new toys he bought with his birthday money NON-STOP!! He loves his Transformers. I think it's funny that Jason constantly asks him if he wants it transformed back into the robot/truck or plane, just because he wants to play with them, too.

In some sad news, we're taking down the pool for the season. We haven't been able to use it, and it just hasn't been warm enough to heat the water enough for it to be bearable. We started draining it this morning, and have been watching the water line steadily drop, despite all the rain we've been getting.

Since the garbage bag ghosts were such a hit last year with the boys, we decided to do them again this year. We picked out our pumpkins Saturday at the store and got some materials to do a little decorating. The pumpkins will have to wait for another day (possibly tomorrow night), but we started on the ghosts this morning.


Then it was bath time to get ready for church... I couldn't resist the photo opportunity!

Braeden was excited to finally get to wear one of his real ties that I bought him a month ago. We didn't attend church last week because we have our semi-annual, televised General Conference, and the two weeks prior, Braeden was sick.

It was fun watching Jason TRY and teach Braeden how to tie a tie.

I think the finished product was worth the wait!!
(It was a little long, so Daddy had to do it again!)

Once I snapped a few shots of Braeden, the other boys wanted to get in on the action.


There's nothing I love more than when my boys are all dressed and ready for church! I know I'm their mother, but I think they're irresistible!






8 comments:

christyephillips said...

SO handsome!

Sorry to hear about your pool, at least it's not 20 degrees there, like it is here! Nothing like rapidly changing seasons!

Debbie said...

OMG....it doesn't matter who's kids they are, THEY ARE TOTALLY IRRESISTABLE!!! They couldn't be any dang cuter, and I am NOT prejudice at all. LOL

Katie said...

such handsome boys!!!

Robin Conner said...

Loved all the pics and updates. The Sunday pics were great. Your boys are so handsome! I can't believe how grown up Gaven is getting! Holy cow! I guess it's pregnant time again???? ;) just teasing! but really I'm not!

Stephanie said...

I couldn't agree more with Robin...Gaven is getting so grown-up!! Fun pictures!

Tracey said...

They sure are a bunch of cute boys. Too bad their too young for all my girls. I love reading your blog and learning about your family and what is going on. If you ever come to Idaho, definitely come and stay with us.

Ashley said...

very handsome! We made ghosts too!

Bridget said...

Ha ha ha...I see myself in you...way more concerned with my carpet than the ink in the mouth. I love it.

Your boys are so cute. I love the ties.