My big, little mann has been sick for a while now. Wednesday night were the first signs of an ear infection. Thursday morning, he didn't have a fever yet, so I sent him to school, for him to come home at 9am with a fever. Carsen had a well-child check-up that afternoon and I figured I would just have their doctor look at Braeden's ear, too. By that afternoon, he was feeling pretty crummy!
(not sure why the top picture got turned funny??)
At one point in the doctor's office, I had all three boys crying... Braeden because he was so sick, Carsen because the next thing coming were shots for him, and Gaven because he cries anytime he sees someone in scrubs (probably the result of his two surgeries and a million doctors appointment to go with). 4 shots, 1 wart burned, 1 prescription and lots of tears later, we were out of there!
That was Thursday... Friday Carsen went to school, Gaven puked 5 times, once in the computer room, twice in the living room and twice in the playroom. We called Daddy at work and asked him to get some pedialite, more juice and by the way, while you're at it, pick up some carpet cleaner, too!! Saturday morning, Braeden inducted my pillow into the puke fest. He came in that morning, kicked me out of bed and then puked all over my pillow! Thanks bud!! We're keeping our fingers crossed that poor Carsen stays clear of any of the bugs that the other two have had. When Carsen woke up Friday morning, while he was getting ready for school, he was complaining a lot about his legs hurting. I had to help him up on the bus because they were so sore. When he got home, I noticed he was limping pretty bad. When I asked him if his leg still hurt, he told me it did. I had him take off his shorts to look at his leg at home and it was really swollen. No wonder the little guy was hurting so much. This picture actually doesn't even show how swollen it was, it didn't even look like his leg!
Braeden remained really sick until this morning when he finally woke up without a fever and feeling a bit better. We've stayed home, sent Daddy and the other boys to church, and had some fun building a big train track in the playroom.
I recently changed the playroom and Gaven's room. I painted in the playroom and finally have it all done and all the furniture moved in. I was going to take a picture and Braeden wanted to be in it, too. You can tell by the next picture, through his eyes, that he's still not up to par yet!
2 comments:
Braeden, Grandma is so happy that you are starting to feel better! It makes Grandma sad when you aren't feeling good.
The playroom looks great Bri!!
Tis the season. Don't you just love when they start back at school and bring home all the germs. Hopefully they will be free from being sick for a while now. What the heck was wrong with Carsen's leg? Did you find out why it was so swollen? That was really odd! I hope he's okay!
Post a Comment