Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!!

Here is our first attempt at a Mann Family 4th of July Celebration. I know, it's not much, but we just wanted to do something small since the boys are still small themselves. We started with some Pop-Its which ended up being the hit of the night.
Here's Carsen enjoying his first and last sparkler:
We encouraged the boys to be a little less like statues and to wave the sparklers around a bit. One of the sparks hit Braeden's hand, and that was the end of sparklers for them. We tried and tried to get them to do another one, but they wouldn't.
Their new place became halfway up the driveway...
Then even further up the driveway, with their fingers in their ears.
The funny part is... I didn't get anything "scary." There were a couple that made noise and a few that shot up in the air. After the first one that wasn't a Pop-It or Sparkler, both boys said, "Okay, we're done now and ready to go inside. I'm sure glad I didn't spend much $$!!
We ended off the night with a bang, though. Okay, not really, but it was another favorite of the boys... it didn't fly in the air, and it didn't make any noise... actually, it didn't really do ANYTHING. They are snakes. They start looking like a roll of candy and you light them to see them grow out of the ground into a snake-looking creature. Jason and I thought it looked a little more like a bowel movement coming out of the pavement! It just dawned on me that it's no WONDER the boys loved them so much!
Next year, you might see us in tow to some fireworks celebration somewhere... it's just a good thing that our ear plugs are attached!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Hilarious!! They are just like their Mommy was. You wouldn't even come out of the house and still had your fingers in your ears!!

Andrea McEntire said...

How cute! Aww shucks. That is funny that the fireworks weren't what held their interest it was the "snakes." Wow.

Anonymous said...

When we were little, I loved the pop it ones and sparklers, and my brother loved those snakes. We plan on doing that next year. :)

Unknown said...

You just can't beat pop-it's! This really cracks me up, especially seeing my "future plumbers" in the last pictures. They really do have "coppertone tans"!

Robin Conner said...

Those were cute pics. At least your boys are cautious and careful. My boys would be telling us to dump gas on them to make them burn bigger! Little pyros! ;) I loved the snake ones too, they are hilarious! Good luck with Gaven. Honestly the tubes for Ethan were a blessing, no more yucky eyes, nose, or ears. And no more anitbiotics thankfully. But I hope it does clear up! But if not, the tubes really are a huge help!