Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Welcomed Nest

Over the past week or so, we've had to knock down 7 wasp nests in our backyard, some on the playset and some on different spots on the fence. When Jason told me to go look in the corner of the fence, I was a bit hesitant, and he actually had to tell me, go ahead, it's safe! This is what I saw. Here's a closer view for you:
And later that evening, I got a shot of the prized possession being guarded:
We're having a good time keeping an eye on "our nest" and only wonder... how long until we see little babies?? Stay tuned... as I'm sure there will be future pictures of this welcomed nest.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

How darling.....lots cuter than wasps!!

Robin Conner said...

So cute! I bet the boys love looking at it every day! We just had one in our yard too. But our kids touched the eggs and the mamma abandoned the nest, so make sure they don't touch the eggs! :(

Alan said...

Oh hooray for little animals! I'm always jealous when people have birds in their yards; you can befriend the neighborhood cats pretty easily, but birds are so picky!

Cailean said...

Oh SO fun and cute!!!!!!! I would have a hard time resisting picking up that little birdie and giving it a kiss!!