Figuring out school for next year has been a process. I've made a million phone calls around the district and to transportation in order to keep both of my boys at the same school for this next year and then have them transfer over to their "home" school the following year, together. They don't offer the Pre-K program at their home school, so for the Pre-K year, they have to go to another school, which is the one that Braeden attended this past year. I didn't want to have two children, a year apart, attending 2 different schools that begin and end at the same time. It was no problem to put in the transfer, but when a parent requests a transfer, the child is no longer eligible to ride the bus. It's not a problem in the morning because I take them, but I would like for them to be able to ride the bus home together. They were trying to tell me that even though Carsen would be on the bus, riding it home, that Braeden would not be allowed to ride because he was a transfer student. To make a LONG story short, I finally got it all worked out and they will be able to attend school together.
For a bit, while things have been confusing, Carsen was a bit nervous about the prospect of attending school without his big brother. I comforted him in telling him that all would be well, and we would get something figured out, but that we didn't need to worry about it until school begins.
After I arranged everything with the district, I was excited to tell the boys that they would get to go to the same school. As expected, they were very excited, too! I told Carsen that Braeden would be able to walk him to class and make sure he knew where he was going. Braeden launched into big brother mode and started telling Carsen all the rules: "When we walk in the hallway, there is NO running and No talking." Carsen was a bit taken back by this request and said to Braeden, "Braeden, I can't NOT talk!!'' Oh the honesty of an almost 4 year-old!!
Here are some random pictures from the last week: On second thought... you'll have to wait for pictures because it won't let me upload right now. I'll post them when I can.
4 comments:
Two kids in school!! Only one at home! Oh man are you excited??? The things you can do! Hahaha. jk. I can't believe Carsen is almost four!! Wow. Good job on getting them in the same school. fun times.
Excited for WA?
Wow! I'm glad you got it all worked out!
Sweet little Carkey, he will grow up so fast once he goes to school. Are you sure you ever want him to go? LOL
I'm glad you got it worked out. I had two boys in different schools last year at the same times and it sucked. Nice to be in school but hassles with timing if I wanted to pick them up and go somewhere in the afternoon and not wait an hour for the bus to come home.
Post a Comment