Thursday, March 26, 2009

Odds and Ends

Carsen wanted a mohawk in the bath today: Just a day after Gaven's "near" drowning accident, he was coming in from the backyard right as Carsen was shutting the door and his poor big toe got ripped up by the door. I had to take him in 2 days after that to get on an antibiotic to stop infection and it's doing much better now. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized his little toe next to the big toe got the nail bruised, too. I'm pretty convinced the toenail is going to fall off! What do you think?Believe it or not, it actually looks MUCH better than it did 3 days ago!
I've been working on finishing up a few projects around the house, with Jason's help on a few. After realizing that we wouldn't be able to mount a Roman shade to the back door (because of what our door is made out of) I decided to make a sheer curtain. It's a little frilly at the top, I'm going to have to fix that!!
Jason installed handles and knobs on our kitchen cabinets and drawers. It makes a huge difference!
This next picture is my favorite . . . see if you can guess what else Jason installed?
A peep hole!! Yeah! Now I can feel a little safer answering the front door. I finally found a clock that I liked for the living room, so we got that put up, too.
And last, I just had to post a picture of our tree. It bloomed a few weeks ago and was the only one on the street with even a single leaf on it. Now the others are starting to catch up, but we were pretty proud of our youngling!!
Next projects, finishing the trim painting in the living room (that took backseat while my mom was here), painting what will become Braeden's room and hemming the curtain I hung in place of the linen closet doors in our bathroom. For Jason, he'll be putting up the chair rail in the kitchen, in his spare time of course!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Ouch! That looks painful! You have been busy too! I did all of my painting at night while the kids were asleep.

Parks' Place said...

Wow, hopefully all of your friends have strong stomachs, that poor little guy! And five stars to your husband who sounds like a hard worker (I will have to show Jake your blog!)

Lewis Family said...

Near drowning accident?! Scary! Poor little guy can't catch a break! Hope he is doing better now. Brianna you are an awesome mom, I marvel at how much you accomplish.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you are cruising along with your spring projects. Yay for one fewer door in your master bath! :) So glad that your tree survived the winter and is a source of pleasure and joy. Love the picture updates! :)