Thursday, March 19, 2009

Enjoying Grandma

The boys have really been enjoying Grandma, especially since Braeden has spring break this week. One of their favorites is that Grandma gives GREAT back scratches with her long fingernails!
We didn't know how long it would take Gaven to warm up to Grandma. He hasn't seen her since he was 2 months old. But, it didn't take long at all. Whenever he gets hurt, or wants to be held, you can find him like this: He's definitely found himself a new friend!
We haven't done anything too exciting since my mom has been here. Mostly we've just hung out, enjoying each other's company. We DID make some yummy Garlic, Spinach, Chicken Alfredo Pizza the other night.
It's amazing the fun things you can do with boxes. The boys were taking turns hiding in this box and then "unwrapping" each other and popping out.

Anyone who knows my mom would laugh at what Gaven is doing in this picture. (She's a major Propel connoisseur)
Braeden thought Mommy should try sitting in the box, and Carsen's response was, "NO, she'll crack it." I think he was right!
We've been playing a lot of card games! My mom and I both love playing cards. Here's another example of how much Roozer loves Grandma. When we're playing, he'll come up to the side of her and hold up his arms until she picks him up. He loves to sit on her lap and just watch her play. He's so good, he doesn't even reach for her cards. I've been trying to get him to tell me what she's holding, but we're still working on that.

We even had to take advantage of the sunshine out front.
Unfortunately, we think our addiction is wearing off on the boys!
Before my mom came, Carsen told her on the phone, "When I get bigger, I'll be able to get chinguards, just like Braeden." Grandma took him when she got here and let him go pick out his own "chinguards", socks and shoes. When I put all his gear on for the first time, his comment was, "Woah, this is awesome!"
In lieu of St. Patrick's Day, we decided to do some green pancakes.
Even Dakota got in on the St. Patrick's Day spirit. (Thanks Nanu)
We had some fun yesterday in the sun. We spent the whole day in the backyard. I should have known better to wear a tank-top the whole day, in the sun, when my white shoulders haven't seen the sun since last swim season! I'm a little lobsterish this morning!! I have some pictures from our fun in the sun that I will probably post later.

4 comments:

Alan said...

Boxes are perhaps the greatest toy ever invented. Everyone loves them!

The pizza looks delicious right now too...

Andrea said...

Don't you just love it when mom comes to visit! Looks like you are having a great time:)
That pizza looks delish, can I have the recipe????

Robin Conner said...

Everything looks so fun. Loved the pancakes and pizza. Come feed this pregnant lady!!! :) And I agree with Alan, boxes are the best toy ever! ;) Make sure you have pics of you and your mom together. Give Braeden the camera and see what "magic" he can turn out! :) Miss you!

Cailean said...

I would love the recipe - it sounds like something you could find in a restaurant. It's so fun to see your family love your mom's visit. There is something so sweet and fun about her that I feel like I know her. Did she ever visit you in our ward? It sure looks like beautiful weather there in Texas!