Have you ever felt so sick about something you weren't even sure you wanted to blog about it? That's how I'm feeling right about now.
The other day (about a week and a half ago) I was in the kitchen getting ready to throw something away in the garbage can. When I did, I noticed that my palm pilot was laying in there on the top. I grabbed it out and gave Gaven a hard time for throwing it away. It wasn't until 2-3 days later that I realized that I couldn't find my watch and my ring. My watch opens completely, so I usually take them off together and hook my ring on my watch. (I hadn't worn them in a little while, because we'd been home sick and not gone anywhere in a few days)
I can't remember when it dawned on me, but it did . . . I had left them on the same table that my palm pilot had been on the day that he threw away my palm pilot. Luckily I had remembered the exact garbage bag that it had been in and I wouldn't have to look through all of them if I could find it in that one.
Since my Mom is here, she agreed to hold a garbage bag while I rummaged through the other one pulling things out. It wasn't until we got into the garage and halfway through the garbage bag that I realized none of these garbage bags were the one that my palm pilot was in. I remembered a few things that were in the garbage bag when I found the palm pilot, and these weren't them. We finished going through the garbages, of course, just in case I was wrong, but I wasn't.
I don't know if I can adequately explain the feeling that goes through your chest when you realize that the garbage bag that MOST LIKELY holds your wedding ring was taken out to the curb last Thursday, and is long gone. At that point, I still held out hope that we'd find it somewhere in the house, because, other than the obvious places, we hadn't really searched the house.
My sweet, sweet Mom and I went back into the house and proceeded to go through EVERY thing we could think of, from under furniture, behind furniture, in toy bins, dresser drawers . . . you name it, we tore the house inside out looking for my watch and ring. We had a few false excitements with things that were shiny and silver, but no luck.
I wish I could say that the story has a happy ending, but it doesn't, not yet at least. I still sit typing naked fingered, thinking about my beautiful wedding ring and what my hubby went through to put it on my finger. It's very modest in it's setting, something I picked out myself, and the diamond is modest in size, but it's nearly flawless and absolutely stunning. I miss my ring!! I can't think about it too much 'cause it still makes me teary!

15 comments:
I am SOOOOO sorry! Hopefully it will still turn up?
Oh Bri!!!! My heart aches for you. good luck..... Gosh that stinks. And I thought that Ethan throwing our car keys and a handful of cash away when he was a toddler was bad, I think this trumps them all. Good luck.
Oh that's awful, I'm so sorry! I'll keep a prayer in my heart for you that your ring turns up.
oh I am so sorry, my friend lost her diamond out of her ring the other day and her mom found it in the couch cushions. I really hope it turns up for you somewhere, that is one reason I never take mine off. I will say a little prayer for you today!
Oh NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooo sorry. Oh man. I hope you get it back!! I once threw away a hundred dollars. Nothing compared to a wedding ring, but I was sooooo sick to my stomach. It was when we were crazy poor too. I can't even imagine losing my ring. Oh girl. I'm there for you.
I am sooo sorry. My friend lost her ring and found it in a bag in her house four years later, so don't give up hope!
Oh Bri, I am sick to my stomach for you, what a nightmare! I hope it turns up soon!
That is so sad. I hope you find it.
The symbolism of the ring is more important than the ring itself. Jason will always love you regardless. I'm sorry for the panic, but however it works out, whether it's found or bought anew, everything will be alright. I love you, it will work out I promise.
I am really sorry. Don't ever give up. Remember when I left my ring on top of the Olds. I found it in the middle of the street a few streets over.
Oh Bri, I'm am so sorry to hear that! I've been there. Trey lost his ring once for 6 months when we moved. We found it in an electronics box when unpacking our new house, and needless to say, we were shocked. I've lost mine about 2 times now, and thankfully found it both times. I really am sorry, as I remember that feeling, exactly as you describe, when I thought my ring was long gone too.
Wow! That hurts A LOT. I am so sorry!!! My ring is the only jewelry that I wear consistantly - like ALWAYS, except when I don't...We women perhaps care too much about symbolic love tokens butI do so GET IT!!!
I am sorry. I can't imagine the stress and worry over trying to find it. No matter what, your husband loves you. That is most important.
Tell Gaven he better start saving! When he grows up and becomes a docotr he owes you one watch and wedding ring! Good luck, maybe it'll turn up when you least expect it. We love ya'll!
Ugh, I feel just sick for you! I am so sorry!!! I lost the first gift Nathan gave me - a beautiful bracelet when we were dating. Ironically I'm 99% sure it was yanked off when loading up boxes from IKEA of our newly-purchased furniture when we were engaged. I have heard so many stories of rings turning up unexpectedly. I really hope you find it. When they were young our kids have put precious things in places you would never think to find! But if it doesn't, you can always get another one to look almost the same. What's important is your marriage and how wonderful it is, although the ring that symbolizes it sure is special too. I'm sorry :( I'll keep you/it in my prayers.
Post a Comment