Monday, March 9, 2009

Braeden's 1st Soccer Game

Braeden has his first soccer game this past Saturday. He had a blast! Like I had said in a previous post, his team is quite skilled for their age. Braeden is closing the gap with each and every practice, but I was still relieved that he had a great time and did very well. I had to get a shot of Carsen "warming up with the team." We were there a little early and I told him he could play with the big boys until coach got there.
Here's a collage of photos from warm-ups and the game:
He even scored his FIRST ever goal. I was watching and had my camera on, so I tried to put it up and get the picture taken in time so that it could focus, but no such luck. So this is the best I have: You can barely see Braeden, he's the blonde headed one on the right, shooting the ball into the goal. On the left is the referee, talking to some other kid, not even paying attention!It was a bit windy, and I forgot jackets for the little ones. We tried to keep Gav bundled, but he didn't like it much.


Carsen was just taking it all in.
Something that made me laugh was after the game when another mom asked Braeden if he had fun. His response was: "Yes, I did, and we even got a FREE drink!" (another parent brought the snacks for that game).
I'm so proud of him! Now we just have to work on his humility. After each goal, he would either turn and smile with a thumbs up, or flex his muscles (very Phelps like) in victory!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Braeden! GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL! I am so glad you had a good time. I think the free drink at the end is the best ever! I love you.

Cassidy said...

Bo and I love it!!!! You're making me excited for when Carter is old enough to play.

Ashley said...

Yay Braeden!!! Tell him good job for me and that we missed him in class yesterday.

Robin Conner said...

Way to go Braeden on the goal! super cute pics! It's fun to see him out playing with Carsen watching anxiously on the side. I'm sure Carsen will be glad to join a team soon!