My friend Robin had this on her blog. She was interviewed by a friend, and after reading hers, all you had to do was tell her that you wanted her to interview you, and she would make up the 5 questions that you had to answer. So here are Robin's questions, and my answers:
1. Are you where you thought you would be 10 years ago?
I'm definitely where I hoped I would be. Maybe not necessarily in TX, but 10 years ago today, Jason had been gone on his mission for just over a week. I hoped that I would be married to him and "have his babies" but you never can be sure. I've always known that I wanted to stay at home with my kids, so I would have to say that 10 years ago I saw myself pretty much how I am today.
2. What do you consider to be your strongest trait? Your weakest?
I thought long and hard about this one because I wanted to come up with something real, not just your politically correct answer. I would say that my strongest trait is that I usually put others before myself. Whether it's my kids, my husband or my friends, I love to make other people happy and lighten their burden if I can. I've had the best example of that in my Mom. It's one of those traits that I'm glad I inherited from her. Sometimes I lose myself in that mix and I forget to do the things that I need to in order to take care of myself. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's a lot easier for me to do things for others than to do things for myself!
My weakest trait is probably that as much as I am not an incredibly insecure person, I am fairly insecure about what others think about me. I think I'm super concerned that people really don't like me. After "getting together" with someone I'm always concerned that I was too pushy, or too overbearing, or talked about myself too much . . . you name it! I'm really not saying this because I want people to comment and say, "You're so wonderful, you don't need to worry about that." I promise! Because regardless of what people say, it will probably be something that I ALWAYS deal with. Luckily, through my married years, I have met some WONDERFUL friends that I know I will have life-long friendships with. It helps to know that there are genuine people out there who love you for who you are.
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I'm not sure why this exact memory popped into my head, but it did. When I was about 12 or 13 years old, my brother and I were playing "softball" in the living room (he must have been 16 or so). We were the only two home (I think mom and dad were gone somewhere and wouldn't be back until the next day or something). We were playing with a squishy Nerf ball, so we didn't think it would do any harm. I was squatting in front of the fireplace being the catcher and he was pitching to me. We used to do this for hours. I LOVED having a big brother that would throw me the football, play basketball against me and not go easy just because I was his little sister. Anyway, back to the story. He pitched one a little too high and it hit my parent's wedding picture that was hanging over the fireplace causing it to drop to the ground and shatter the glass. We were really scared that we were going to get in trouble, so my brother, having just gotten his license, took it up to the local frame shop to have the glass replaced. Little did we know it was a special kind of tinted/frosted glass that was going to cost WAY more than we had planned. I didn't have any money, so my brother had to empty his wallet of any money that he had in order to get it fixed. They put a rush job on it and we got it back in time to hang it back up just where it had been. The funniest part was that I don't think we told our parents until YEARS down the road, and we all had a great laugh over it! They had never known, until we showed them the stamp of the back of the local "Beard's Frame Shop."
4. When are you the happiest?
I think I'm the happiest when I can sit back and watch my kids interact and have fun with my husband. Jason is such a GREAT dad, and the boys love doing anything under the sun with him. Sometimes I get so caught up in "getting through the day" that I don't get to sit back and be an observer until Jason is home and playing with the boys. It just reminds me about what our time here on this earth is all about. I also have to throw in that I'm happiest when my chores are done and there's nothing lingering over my head to make me feel guilty about doing the "fun stuff."
5. Is there one food, no matter how "naughty" that you can't live without.
Hands down it would be chips! I have ALWAYS loved chips since I was little. I haven't really met a flavor or brand that I don't like. Some of my favorites are probably Sun Chips, a good ol' tortilla chips with guacamole, and salt 'n' vinegar.
So, if anyone wants to be interviewed, leave a comment or email me and I will interview you with 5 questions that I come up with.
6 comments:
That was really cool Bri! I like that your 10 year goal is pretty much where you are. That shows how focused and decided you were as to what you wanted to do and be. #2-I totally agree with your strongest and weakest traits. You always were so frustrated with me cause I'd never let you help me, (which is probably my weakest trait), and then you always were concerned that I was mad at you or didn't like you. We came a long way and overcame some fun stuff and I think we'll be friends for a very long time! :) #3- I loved that memory, that is just priceless! And funny that they didn't know for years later! It makes you wonder what your boys will pull off in years to come and how long it will be before you find out! #4-I agree, there is almost nothing better than sitting and watching the hubby with the kiddo's. It's so fun to watch them interact and it makes you so grateful that they are there to "wrestle" so we don't always have to! ;) #5-didn't know that about you! That was fun! Thanks for doing that, I learned alot! You're a great person!
I loved reading about you! I have the same strength and weakness that you do -- it's that "pleaser" personality. Most of the time it's great, especially since Mitch is also a pleaser, and I think that's part of what makes our marriage so great, but it does have it's drawbacks. I also worry way too much about what other people think, and I've had to learn to tone it back a little (which I'm better at, but still not great). So even though you don't want us to say it, I do think you're great and never have to worry about what the rest of us think because you're too nice to offend anyone! I love your childhood memory, too. :)
Alright Bri, I'm game, give me 5 questions.
Hey have you looked at your "visitor map"? I was looking at mine yesterday and I was shocked at the visits from different countries around the world. Then I said to myself, "I'm going to look at Bri's". Yours is 10 times more crazy than mine! Isn't that weird to think of people from all those countries hitting on your blog site? I don't know whether to be flattered or scared! :)
I love reading about you from your perspective. I'm impressed that you can remember where you hoped you'd be 10 years later. That's cute. And I have to agree that even though you didn't want us to comment on this, I don't think you have a thing to worry about when you're with other people! I love being around you because you're so laid back and sweet! Thanks for sharing!
I would definetly have to agree that you put others before yourself. I certainly saw that in Young Women. I know you're not fishing for compliments, but you were a good example for me. Just thought you should know! :)
Post a Comment