I have a few minutes this morning, so I thought I would give the "update" on Braeden. He seems to be doing great. I'm more content now that he doesn't have a tumor. The fact that his headaches are helped by Tylenol or Ibuprofen is a very good sign. Right now, we're going to treat them as migraines. If they start occurring 2-3 times a week, they will put him on preventative meds. We want to try and avoid that though because that can mess with him in other ways, too. He's had a couple weeks over the 3-4 month span that he's had more than 1 a week, but not consistently. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and we can just treat with over the counter stuff. I'll probably carry some with me all the time because the sooner you can administer the Tylenol, the less likely it is that it will become as severe as it was the other night.
I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement and prayers! And for those of you that reminded me to trust my gut and be firm, THANK YOU! When I went in to his appointment, I felt like I had an army of moms behind me supporting me in my concerns. It really did help . . . THANKS!
6 comments:
I'm glad that things appear to be better and not as severe as they could be. I hope it's something he can possibly grow out of. But remember, always trust your gut when it comes to this situation. Miss you guys!
Thank goodness he's doing all right!
That is good.
Briana! How scary! Apparently I've been bad at checking blogs and didn't even know you were concerned about it! We'll keep you all in our prayers. Please let me know if I can watch your other boys if you ever need to go to the doctor.
I am SO glad!! I hope it continues to look good. We had some health scares with Lucy and it is the most heart-wrenching thing to go through. Yay for modern medicine!
Hi. I was just catching up on your blog, and was shocked to see that your family has been wrestling with this fear and such health questions. I'm sorry to hear that, yet so grateful for the good news in this post! You are now all in my prayers as well! Take care.
Eryn
Post a Comment