Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fort Hood Museums

On Friday, my Dad, Carsen, Gaven and I took a trip to the Fort Hood 1st Calvary Division Museum and the 4th Infantry Division Museum. It's not something I would normally seek out on my own, but I was very glad that we went with him.Here's Carsen trying out the jeep out front:
I had to include one of the 100's of pictures of the tanks that my dad took. It was a pretty amazing site to see all the tanks, helicopters and machinery that they use!
Here's my Dad in front of his favorite tank, the M1E1.
Posing along the way
As you can tell, Gaven's full attention was to the task at hand.
We stopped at the Burger King on base for some lunch.


If this doesn't tear your heart apart as a Mommy, I don't know what will?
There were no children injured in the making of this photo
(another reason children should not handle guns!)
Checking out the field artillery
"I captured this one all by myself."
(Russian Armored Personnel Carrier)
Are we done yet?
We had a great time! It was cold and windy, but the boys were "troopers."

1 comment:

Janene said...

That looks like something that my dad would really enjoy as well. Something I wouldn't seek out, but the kids LOVE!