Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our New Tree

Here is our new tree. It's a Red Maple. Home Depot was having a great sale on their trees, so we took advantage and planted one in our front yard. It was quite windy out yesterday when I took the picture, hence the leaning of the top. (Originally, I had this picture last, but for some reason, I accidentally deleted it, and you "bloggers" know that you can't just add a picture at the bottom of your blog.) So here's the finished product, followed by the work it took to get it in.
Thank you, thank you to our wonderful neighbor Nathan for helping Jason dig the ginormous hole!

The boys waited very patiently to get in on the action.

(It was "clothes inside out day" at Braeden's school)




Here it is, finally in the ground. Jason is putting the grass back.

I'm planning on getting a picture of the boys in front of the tree soon. Then I'll take another picture each year to see how they've grown (the boys and the tree). Thanks for the great idea, Mom!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great tree! I am sure the hole went clear to China or that Jason thought so after digging. Thank goodness for a great neighbor and two willing helpers! Do the ghosts get to move to the tree? I can't wait to see the colors when the leaves change.

Robin Conner said...

Looks good! A lot of work but
worth it! It's going to be a pretty tree. Too bad there are like zero seasons in Texas, maybe the leaves will change color though???

Cailean said...

There is something SO special about a tree of your own in a house of your own! It sounds like you think you'll be living in that house for awhile? Or maybe you'll bring the tree with you? :) Just so you know, you can put a photo wherever you want it once it's uploaded into your post. Just click on it and copy and paste it elsewhere in the post. It looks like great weather there now in Texas!