Sunday, October 26, 2008

Field Trip

What would fall be without another trip to the pumpkin patch? This time it was Braeden's Pre-K class that took a field trip to a little patch at a local church. I volunteered to go as a chaperone, but I don't think they really needed my help, they had everything under control! For the first 3-4 minutes after I showed up, Braeden was stuck to my leg. I'm not sure what his deal was, it's really not like him to be like this.

Finally, he sat with his class to listen to the lady tell a story about how pumpkins come about.

They let each of the kids pick either a little pumpkin, or a gourd to take home. I was proud of Braeden because he didn't do what "everyone else was doing." He picked himself a gourd, and a good looking one at that.

He was the only one who picked a gourd, and was excited because it looked like a duck.

Here's the whole gang, showing us their treasures.

Later that afternoon, Carsen spent some time coloring a craft that Grandma and Papa sent him. Thanks!


4 comments:

Alan said...

I'm with you, Braeden! The duck is much cooler than a regular pumpkin.

Andrea said...

definitely. i love those gourds. i tried to suggest that ashira get a swan looking one when it was her turn to pick a pumpkin. she wanted a little white speckled one, also distinct.

Jeannie said...

Fun! And that really does look like a duck!

Cailean said...

That is the cutest coolest looking duck pumpkin! Way to go Braeden!