Sometimes I feel like I try and try to put into words how sweet my little Carsen is. It's hard to explain it until he does things like he did tonight. I was writing an email to my sister just before going to bed when I heard him back in his room crying. From experience, that usually means that he has to go to the bathroom. So I went back there, and I tried talking to him to ask him if he had to go potty. I could tell he wasn't awake, so I was going to cover him back up when I realized that he was a little bit wet. I got him up, took off undies and his night shirt and brought him to the bathroom to "finish." At this point, he's still half asleep as I put some clean undies and a new t-shirt on. I was about to pick him up and tuck him back into bed, when he walked around me over to his dresser. He proceeded to tuck the rest of the jammies back in and close both his jammy drawer and underwear drawer, then walked back over and climbed into bed. I must have left them open, oops.
Last week, we had just gotten back from the grocery store and since Gaven had fallen asleep in the car, I told Carsen that I was just going to go lay him down and I'd be right back. In the time it took me to bring Gaven back to his room, rock him back to sleep a little and lay him down, Carsen had unloaded 3/4 of the bags of groceries from the car, all the way to the kitchen. Yes, folks, he just turned 3. The thing is, though, he's not just unloading them because he likes it, he's doing it because he's helping me. He said to me, "Mommy, I got some of the groceries for you."
This morning, while I was taking a shower (Gaven was in the swing in my bedroom and Carsen was playing with cars near him on the floor), Gaven started to cry. It must not have been loud enough because I didn't hear him. When I got out of the shower, Gaven had a pacifier in his mouth and his blanket in his arms. I told Carsen thank you for going to get them for him, and he told me, "He was crying so he needed them."
If only there were a few more Carsen's in this world! Thanks, sweet pea . . . I LOVE YOU!
11 comments:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........what a sweet boy!! Tell him Grandma is soooooo proud of him for being such a big help to Mommy!
XXXXXXOOOOOOO for Carkey
That is so sweet!
what a thoughtful boy. you must be very proud!
Awesome, I love those moments. It sounds like your son has more of them than normal. That is completely awesome.
what a cutie, sounds like something lewis would have done last year, but this year is another story :) I hope Carsen stays as sweet as he is ;)
What a sweet kid! You need to send him to my house and train my kids to be more sensitive! :) No, I'm kidding they can be nice sometimes! But what a special little guy he is! He'll be a great hubby and father someday! And very handsome too! :)
Too sweet, I'm so glad you found me. I added you to my list so I can keep tabs on you now! Your boys are adorable, and I love their quotes. They sound like true "boys." I have had some of those exact words come out of my Brayden's mouth too. :)
what a precious sweet boy! I have come to realize that their is just something about a mama and her boy(s) their is something so special there! I love it!
so gotta question for ya, how the heck did you end up in texas???
Oh!!!!! What a sweet boy! I just love little boys!!!! :)
That is a sweet story of your boys.
Post a Comment