Saturday, September 13, 2008

Unfortunate, but welcomed visit

Our Galveston friends, The Grantham's are here running from Ike. Of course we are very happy to have them, but knowing that Ike has just crushed Galveston makes it a little bitter sweet! We've been having fun, despite the worries and concerns for family and friends who stayed behind. Of course the boys had to show Phoenix and Sequoia their frog. In the picture of Phoenix, the frog is jumping at him, which startled him a bit.

Sequioa liked looking at the frog, but didn't want it to touch her.

Here are Gav and Quioa

David is in the process of applying for residency, and we've been doing our best at showing them how much we love where we live. He's applying here, and we can just keep our fingers crossed that they'll love him as much as we do.
With that in mind, I was showing Tamara around the neighborhood last night looking at some of the newest houses that have been built. We took Gaven and he fell asleep in the jogger. He was just looking too cute not to put this picture in, too. I'm sure there will be many more pictures to come of the kiddos having fun.

To all of our Galveston friends and "family" . . . we love you, we're praying for you, and we hope that Ike spared you and your "stuff." It's definitely different being on the other end of things, but I can say my heart still aches for our little island that we've grown to love. Keep us posted on how y'all are doing, PLEASE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sure hope your friends aren't eating you out of house and home ;)But for real, we really appreciate you guys taking us in.

Stephanie said...

How fun! I bet all the kids are having a blast together.