So here we've been, making the best of the situation. Tamara and David are here with us still, and we've been trying to have fun, despite hearing news left and right of the damage that Hurricane Ike has caused. One of my dearest and best friends found out that while hoping for the best, the result was pretty much the worst! Flood water 4 ft. high has completely destroyed everything in their house. It's unreal. Literally unreal! My heart aches for them... Not an hour goes by that I don't think of our "family" (friends) that have lost much, and some everything. We feel incredibly blessed to have moved 3 months ago out of a first floor apartment that was 1 1/2 blocks from the Seawall, which we had no flood insurance for.
So Gaven has finally gotten over his sickness, and we're hoping for some better nights. I'm taking everyone's advice and letting him tough it out. I'm sure that's all he needs. In the meantime, here are a few pictures from when he wasn't feeling well. It's always sad to have a sick baby, but fun to have a cuddler.
Here are some pictures from the other day when the kids were outside flying kites with Dave. Dave's been such a good sport taking the boys out front and out back to play.
Here are some pictures from the other day when the kids were outside flying kites with Dave. Dave's been such a good sport taking the boys out front and out back to play.

4 comments:
Wow, I was thinking of you guys last week with Ike, and hoping that all of those you know are safe.
I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the sleeping. Jared was still having similar troubles when we recently decided to take action. I have a hard time with the full-on crying, but found a GREAT system in the book by Dr. Ferber, "Solving Your Child's Sleep Problems." You wait progressively longer each night before responding to your child, thus easing them into it. He says you should allow 7 days to fix the sleep problems, but Jared was sleeping 11 hours (no wakings) by day 4! It really fit our "doctor mentality" to follow a laid-out plan and see results! Hope he's feeling better soon.
Those are cute pics. You were so gracious to let them stay there. I bet they are eternally grateful. I have a friend who has zero family off the island of Galveston, so they are all staying in hotels, and yes, very expensive. The pics of Gaven with Daddy were cute too! :)
Everytime I hear about Galveston I think about you guys and how you moved away. I'm so glad! But so sad for your friends. I can't imagine losing everything!
Such terrible circumstances that brings them there, but at least you're making some good memories.
Post a Comment