Saturday, July 19, 2008

And this is what I found . . .

I don't know about any of you other moms, but I just can't go to bed without checking on my boys one last time.
Maybe it's just because they're so darn cute while they're sleeping and it's a good reminder to me before going to sleep, that I really DO love them and don't want to strangle them.

Or . . . maybe it's just a mother's intuition!

This is exactly how we found Gaven. It was a little scary to me, but I had to remind myself that if he was having a hard time breathing, he would have cried. I've gone in before with him crying and struggling to pull the blanket off his face, but never gone in and found him sound asleep with his face covered by the blanket. When we uncovered him, it was a bit difficult to do it without waking him up. It was as if someone had tucked the blanket in around his head. He didn't even budge!!

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

scary. We love the whole reminder that you love them and not want to strangle them. Bo was all "so true" ha.

Cailean said...

That was the cutest post. It was crazy to read it and scroll down and see that blanket picture! Freaky! I also check on our kids - it's so nice to see them peaceful and not fighting, huh! Sometimes Elizabeth sleep walks and they will talk in their sleep sometimes too. So funny. I love your blog design and header too!