Thursday, January 3, 2008

Adjusting

So, I can hardly call it adjusting when I have my mom here to help. Alright, so help isn't even the word, DO EVERYTHING FOR ME, would be a better explanation. We laughed the other morning because I had to be seen by my Dr. a little unexpected. My mom told me, you take care of Gaven and yourself, I'll get the boys and myself. It was funny to see 2 women trying to handle 3 kids. We did fine, but it just makes me realize that the "adjustment" is yet to come.

I decided to put a few more pictures of Gaven on here. I loved this picture. I had just fed him, so he was happy and content. He was laying on our bed with wide eyes just looking around, taking it all in.

The other day, I came out in the front room to find Jason and Gaven fast asleep. I loved how Gaven had his pacifier in his hand. He looked VERY comfy!

Today, my mom was giving the older boys a bath while I was holding Gaven. He had just wet and pooped in his diaper and we were planning to give him a little sponge bath, too, so he's wrapped in the blanket in just his diaper. Even though the weather has gotten colder, he's was very toasty. All of a sudden, I realized that he had found his thumb and was sucking on it, so I called my mom back down to take a picture.

This was just a precious picture of him peaking over the boppy. If he looks a little yellow, he is a little, but his jaundice is getting better and the yellow blanket doesn't help his cause!

My mom has been giving the boys some money to do little chores around the house to help out. Braeden's favorite it putting away the laundry. He came back with these towels this afternoon, and I could tell he was being such a big helper. I asked him to come over and give me a hug because I wanted to tell him thank you. His response was, "I'm puttin' away laundry for my money," and as he ran back out the door he finished with, "Can't stop now!" At least we know what motivates that kid!

Carsen has been a good little helper, too. Mostly just being independent and playing on his own or with his brother...

But, occasionally, he helps by "laying with Gaven."



Braeden loves his littlest brother!

This was the other night when Braeden wanted to be swaddled like a baby. We sure did have to find a big blanket!

2 comments:

s g said...

congrats on little gaven..what a sweetie! I am dying over your Christmas tree belly too..did you know Connie would do the same thing with her pregnancies at the end and she would paint her friends belly's too...hilarious...get some rest!!
sara and greg

Cailean said...

Oh I just looooove those early pictures where the siblings love holding the baby. Isn't it cute to see them kind of want to be like a baby too to make sure you love them as much as the baby. Julia has a special bond with Elijah so I bet Carsen will too. I will tell you though, I will never forget you meeting me at the dollar store for my first time out with two kids! Quite a shock to see how hard it was but I was so grateful for you being there. And you are adjusting with your Mom there you just aren't noticing it! The hardest, honestly, is figuring out how you can ever leave the house again with 3 kids. And the first time is definitely THE hardest! But it DOES get easier and then you're a whole new person!