We LOVE Christmas time. This year it was fun to teach the boys about the reasons that we give and receive gifts. But mostly, the smiles in this picture are because two little boys are happy knowing that after they fall asleep this night, "Santa Claus is coming to town." We have many things to look forward to this Christmas season. Of course, the obvious, Christmas Day and the joy that comes with that, the day after Christmas and playing with our toys, the day after that, "Grandma comes to town", and the day after that, we have a new baby brother. (It's quite the shock to me to look at our blog and see the baby countdown reach an amount of days that I can count on one hand!)
I remember my mom telling me when I was younger that she didn't care if she got any gifts for Christmas, the fun was in seeing us open ours and the joy we had on Christmas Day. I remember as a kid, thinking she was crazy. What do you mean it doesn't matter if you get any gifts? Isn't that what Christmas is all about. Wow, I was naive! Being a mother, and of course having the gospel in my life, has completely changed my perspective. My mother has always been an unselfish example of giving to her children... not only around Christmas, but at all times of the year. Things have not changed, and I'm grateful for that example. We're all excited that she'll be here tomorrow to share in this exciting time of adding a new member to our family. Speaking of that, I must warn you before you scroll down... it's one of those "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK." However, we've done this for each of our pregnancies. It started with Braeden in my tummy (being due Nov. 27th), Jason made my belly a pumpkin. With Carsen due in the middle of August and the Texas heat, Jason made my belly a sunshine. And with this one, it was only fitting...
Don't look too close, it took a lot to be able to post this picture. I think he did a GREAT job. Well, Merry Christmas everyone, and I'm sure the next time I'll post, we'll have pictures of our best Christmas present yet... our baby!
Don't look too close, it took a lot to be able to post this picture. I think he did a GREAT job. Well, Merry Christmas everyone, and I'm sure the next time I'll post, we'll have pictures of our best Christmas present yet... our baby!
1 comment:
Love the belly picture! Your kids are so creative!!
Hun
Post a Comment