Friday, September 2, 2011

The Rest of August

Carsen Comes Home
We were ALL excited for Carsen to come home from Washington on August 18th. Okay, so Kamryn is ALWAYS this happy, but it was a cute picture to transition into him coming home!

The other two boys stayed with our neighbors while Kamryn and I went to Austin to pick him up.

Anytime you asked him what made him most excited about coming home, he said it was his baby sister!

There were two boys at home pretty happy to see him, too!


The next day we went through his bags. Grandma had sent home a few little surprises for the other kids. Gaven got some new Crocs since he LOVES his old ones but they are finally too small.

Braeden seeing his Mariner gear for the first time.


Grandma even sent home a special surprise for ME! Well, actually, I was the one who sent it with Carsen to WA in the first place and it was never "discovered" while he was there, so it came back home with him. Three weeks later, it looked a little different then when it went!

Carsen was happy to dig into his birthday presents from WA, since he had only had his party just before coming home.


Friday night, we went over to a friend's house and had a "night" swim party. I'm frustrated that I didn't take more pictures. Kamryn had gotten pretty fussy, Braeden was sitting out because of a bad case of swimmer's ear... Gaven was ailing because he had sliced open his toe just 20 minutes before the swimming began... needless to say, I'm surprised I even got these 2 pictures of Carsen going off the diving board! We had a BLAST... and we'll have to do it again soon... (hint, hint!)


This seems to be a post loaded with Carsen pictures... I really do have 3 other children, I just wanted to get some of him playing with his birthday stuff.

This was just a cute one of Kam sitting in Dad's lap.

From here on out, until we get a new camera, I can't promise that all my pictures will be in focus. It's having some issues that I haven't figured out yet. I'm really frustrated with it, but can't seem to find the money I need for the camera I want! So until then, I will make do with what I have, so bare with me!

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
The boys started school on August 22nd. They catch the bus before 7am, so that's why it looks like they are headed to school in the middle of the night!




After the sun started to come up, the bus was finally there and 2 little boys were excited to go to third and first grade!!

Gaven, Kamryn and I went over to a friend's that was hosting a "back to school" get together for those of us that WEREN'T headed back to school. The only picture I took was of the 4 little babies that are all within 2 1/2 months of each other. Oldest to youngest, left to right, Kamryn, Canyon, Bella and Madison. We're hoping to get many more pictures of the 4 of them as they grow!

WACO CHILDREN'S MUSEUM
The next day, we headed up to the museum to use our pass one last time before it expired. I have a million pictures of the museum from visits in the past, so I only took a few this time.

Gaven loves this room!



Talking to my mom on the phone:

Kamryn has started rolling into all sorts of positions while sleeping. I got a couple pictures the other night.


I'm hoping she continues to be easy going when I do her hair. She just sits in her Bumbo chair up on the counter while I do it. We'll see how long THAT lasts!


We went out front one night this last week to play. It's been unbearable outside until the sun goes down, but this night was a little cooler... only about 102 degrees! Carsen broke out his sky ball that he got from his birthday. Dad - I happened to catch a shot very similar to the one YOU got in WA where the sun caught the ball just right!

Then it was time for a little football. I laughed and had to post these next two pictures of "little brother" faking out "big brother!"


If you have an uneasy stomach, you might want to skip these next two pictures. Kamryn was really tired and ready for a nap. She usually lays down without a fuss and goes to sleep pretty well. She kept fussing, and we finally went back to check on her and found her like this!!

I'm tellin' ya, she's the happiest little girl I have ever seen! Despite the nasty puke all over her face!

Last Saturday night, the three wards that meet at our church building rented out the local water park for the evening. We had a blast. This is the only picture I took.

Tuesday night, we had the missionaries over for dinner. Keeping with tradition, we took a picture to send to their families. I couldn't get them to come up with anything much more creative than this!



Wednesday, Gaven, Kamryn and I headed to the local splash pad.

We didn't really expect to be the ONLY ones there!


PRETTY LITTLE PRINCESS
Today, we went to a little class that some local mom's put on called Music Makers. Kamryn was pretty cute in her little get-up.


I love some of the funny faces that she will give me. And those sweet little dimples in her cheeks!

Not those cheeks!!

These cheeks!


Those CHUBBY little cheeks!!


So there's a catch-up with what we've been up to!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Bri, I am telling you, Kamryn is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Seriously, the next time you are in town, please let me know so that I can meet her. She looks like a true joy to be around. :)

Lewis Family said...

I bet you're so happy to have Carsen Home!! Looks like he had a great time though! I can't believe how blonde your little Kamryn is! What a beauty!

Ashley said...

We will have to have another disco swimming party before it cools off to much. I'm sure we have plenty of time.