Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"It's Just You and Me, Girlfriend."

We wouldn't even have known, had we not checked her mouth, but Kamryn cut her first tooth a few days ago. It's pretty hard to see in this picture, but trust me, it's there! It didn't phase her in the least bit. It sure looks like #2 will be following any day now.

She's also enjoying her rice cereal a lot more now then when she first tried it!
Just in time to try some vegetables this weekend. What fun!

I don't think there is a night that I go to bed WITHOUT checking on the kids. Call it a habit, call it fun or just call it paranoia?? This is not the first time I have found one of them like this, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Sound asleep!

Gotta love the fro!

A couple days later, I checked on her in the morning because she had slept in so late... of course I had to grab the camera again because she was so cute.



I had been planning on doing a preschool co-op with some of my friends where we alternated Tuesdays holding preschool at our house for our 8 little kiddos. It sounded like a great idea and at first I was all in, but after thinking about it, even though it was STILL a great idea, Gaven was quite a bit older than the rest of the kids. So I opted out and decided to do something here at home one day a week with him so he could still have "his" preschool that he was excited about and to have some 1 on 1 time with him. I had no intentions of putting him in a preschool. However, when in conversation with my grandma, she asked me if I was doing something for preschool for Gaven... when I told her that we weren't (it just wasn't in the budget), she graciously offered to cover the cost if it was something I wanted to do. Of course I was excited about the concept, not only for Gaven, but for me, too. To make a long story short, he had his first day today.

I don't think I was the only one excited!!

Jason's car died on us yesterday. That'll teach him to bring his cell phone, even if he IS just going to the gas station that's a mile away. It's currently in the shop, getting a new starter (and hopefully that will be it), so this morning, we took him to work just before taking Gaven to school. The ENTIRE ride there, Gaven was off his rocker! We just laughed as we drove along, listening to his built up excitement.

I couldn't for the life of me get him to smile!


When we got back out to the car, I looked at Kamryn and said, "It's just you and me, girlfriend!"


We made a stop at Target...

Then we headed home... that was about all she could take!

When I picked up Gaven, he was all smiles. He loved his first day. I'm glad he had fun because I did, too!

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

Ohhhh. I'm so jealous. Only one child at home??? nice. And look at her blue eyes!!
I often find Derrick with a blanket on his head too. funny kids.

Robin Conner said...

Soooo cute! She is precious! Loved her sleeping positions! She looks like she brings your whole family so much joy! You enjoy that little girl!!! ♥♥♥