Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Awards Day

The boys had their awards day this morning. Carsen was first and received math, reading and "A" Honor Roll awards.

This was our best attempt at getting all 4 of us in the picture.

Carsen and his teacher, Mrs. DeLaRosa

Kamryn enjoyed herself once I fed her. We had to leave the house first thing in the morning and I didn't have time to feed her before leaving, so of course once we got there, she was hungry. We found an inconspicuous spot back in the back and I fed her. The minute I started feeding her, Gaven comes over and in a panicked voice says: "Mommy, I have to go POTTY!!" Luckily he's a good boy and the bathroom was just right around the corner. I'm probably a bad mom for doing this, but I sent him on his own. I figured if he was gone for more than 5 minutes, I would go searching for him. He came back and had done it all on his own and just needed help getting his button done.

Carsen was really excited to see us there. He had to give Kamryn a goodbye kiss. He didn't realize we would see him in about an hour at the park.

Kamryn's not as willing to let Gaven lean in and kiss her!!

When Braeden's class arrived, Gaven was so excited to see him, so he went running over to their table to give him a hug. Braeden saw him coming and being the "good boy" that he is, didn't want to get in trouble for talking or doing something he wasn't supposed to do, so he shooed Gaven back to our table. Gaven came running back over to me and BURST into tears! It was very sad, but pretty cute! I tried to get a picture, but he was too close to me and it was blurry!

Braeden receiving his awards for math, reading, music and "A" Honor Roll.

Another attempt at a picture with the 4 of us.

Braeden and his teacher, Ms. Gonzales

We headed home, got Gaven's swimsuit and met Carsen and all the Kindergarten classes at the splash pad/park.

This picture sums Gaven up in a nutshell: GOOFBALL. I love how he's doing this to make the girls behind him laugh.

Carsen and his friends spent just as much time over at the dry part of the park, so I had to sneak a picture in here or there when I could.

They finally made their way back over to the splash pad.

It cracked me up how the four of them were like the 4 amigos. They followed each other EVERYWHERE they went! Carsen always talks about his best buddies from school, and now I know what he means!

Carsen, Julian, Angel and... and... shucks, I can't remember the last little boys name. I'll have to get it from Carsen and insert it here: Joshua


2 comments:

Robin Conner said...

Super cute pics! And way to go to both boys for getting on the Honor Roll!

Mags said...

You are not a bad mom. My boys are old enough, they want to go to the boys bathroom. So I constantly wait outside listening intently. They feel empowered to be able to do those things independently.