Thursday, December 23, 2010

Keeping Busy

I love having my boys home from school for the whole week, but don't love that Jason is on call, so we have to keep the house quiet for him during the day. We've tried to stay busy, playing outside, going to the park and the children's museum in Waco and saving some Christmas crafts and movies for this week. We've been meaning to decorate our mini-trees for a while, it's always a highlight for the boys.

They LOVE that they can do ANYTHING they want to them... it's all their own!!
Braeden finished and was a good big brother to help out Gav.

Last night while doing some baking, the boys colored some little candy canes. Jason's mom sent us some last year that we never got around to doing, so when she sent more this year, we figured it was time to let the kids have at it. They don't usually get to use markers at home, so they were excited to break open the marker bag.
Full concentration!!

Three and a half days down of letting Daddy sleep, only 3 1/2 more!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a happy Nanu seeing the boys having such a good time. I know all too well how hard it is to entertain kids while Daddy sleeps! :) Glad to help out!

shauni said...

I love the idea of decorating mini trees, my kids would love that! It looks like you are doing a good job entertaining them!

christyephillips said...

Thanks for the offer to help with my pics! My friend took the pics and we have tons of copies of each, each with a little different coloring...but I may be asking you soon how to do it with other pics. Hope you had a great holiday!