Friday, August 20, 2010

Why We Love Carsen

Carsen turned 5 on Tuesday.
As I was looking back at old pictures, I decided to tell a story with pictures (and a few words) about the things we have loved about Carsen from Day 1.

I still can't believe I survived being 9 mos. pregnant with him in August down in Galveston. I love that he made people ask me if I was having twins.
I love that we found out the reason I was so big!!

I love that for his first Halloween, we dressed him up as a "Basketball Superstar" before even knowing how physically talented he would be!

I love that when he was little, he had a completely square face when he smiled! And that even now, his smile is a little crooked!

I love that he COMPLETELY dug into his cake on his 1st Birthday!

I love that he has idolized his big brother from the moment that he could follow him around, and that his big brother is a great person for him to idolize!

I love that before he could even walk, he always had a ball in his hand. And sometimes, he couldn't get enough, so he would just sit in the ball bin in order to be close to all the balls.

I love that he wasn't even 2 yet, and he could kick a field goal like Adam Vinetieri (okay, not quite, but you get the picture).

I love that he wasn't even 2 yet and had NO FEAR! Like the summer of '07 at Schlitterbahn!

Happy 2nd Birthday!!

I love it that he can find ways to be funny!

...And that he LOVES being a big brother!

I love his toughness. He's definitely my toughest little guy!

I love that when he was 2 1/2, he already had a rock-hard little body.

...And that when we moved to our current house, we had a backyard that he could finally have room to run. Still only 2, but finding his passions...


I love that he doesn't stop moving a single second when he's awake... OR ASLEEP!!


I love it that he still finds time to sit in a basket of balls!

I love it that he's a little shy. Like on his 3rd birthday, when we wanted him to open presents but he completely froze because all of his friends and their parents were looking at him!

I love that he's ALL BOY!

...And that he LOVES his brother, even when he smears mud on him.
I love that when it comes to sports, he knows how to take it all in, and wait until it's his turn.

I love that even though he's not perfect, when I look at him, I see perfection!

I love that he's taken in a new love of baseball.

And when he's with his biggest cousin, Kyli, he turns into a little boy who just wants to be loved!

Happy 4th Birthday, Carsen!

I love that on his first day of Preschool, it was me who had a hard time leaving, not him!

I loved the smile on his face when he got to go to his VERY FIRST soccer practice!

...And even after 4 years under his belt, he still has that same crooked little grin!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE watching him play sports. He amazes me!

I love that HE is now an example for his BROTHERS, and he's often the first to try something and inspire them.

Example #2:

I love the determined look he gets on his face, even when he thinks nobody is looking!

...And that he STILL idolizes his biggest brother.

I love the faces he makes when I'm trying to get a regular picture of him (even though it really frustrates me at the time).

I love that if you ask, "Carsen, you want to go play baseball?" He gets SO excited that he often forgets something:

Did I mention that I LOVE to watch him play sports?


I love that he makes us laugh!


I also love that just after this picture was taken, I was COMPLETELY soaked!

I think what I love most about Carsen is his sweet, gentle heart! This has been a quality that he has had since I can remember. He's always the first one to help and the last one to leave when the work gets tough.

We love you Carsen, Happy, Happy 5th Birthday!!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

See Bri...you've proven my point...the kid is PERFECT!!!
I have said that from day 1. Ok, I know I am his Grandma, but....

Jeannie said...

What a beautiful post. Such a great kid and such a great mom!

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Carsen! You are such a fun little boy! We miss you but love getting to watch you grow in pictures. Best to you little man.

christyephillips said...

What a sweetie! And so handsome too!

Unknown said...

What an adorable post! I still remember Carsen throwing his first birthday cake across the room. Happy birthday Carsen!

ENDub said...

Bri, this is such an amazing post. You are such a wonderful mother, and your kids are proof of that. All of your boys are beautiful. So beautiful. I love to see how much you love them. Happy birthday Carsen!

Unknown said...

I love you Carkie, just the same that you love me, to forever and back!