Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mayborn Museum - Lego Exhibit

Last week, I took the boys and their friend, Adrian, to Waco to the Children's Museum. They were excited for the special Lego Exhibit that was there for a limited time.

It's hard to tell in this picture, but the knight behind them is made out of Legos and is 3-dimensional.

They had a cool station where the kids could build a wall to protect the castle on a computer screen, and then shoot a boulder at it to see if it could withstand the attack. We spent a while at this station!



We explored the rest of the museum, too. Carsen liked this clear floor that you could see fossils under.

They got a kick out of themselves, being on TV, doing the weather report.

One of Gaven's favorite things was the play bus that he could pretend he was driving.

And, he was in little boy heaven when we entered the mini-city that has around 8-10 Cozy Coupes to try out.


Before leaving, we went back to the Lego area. Braeden wanted to give a go at building a castle.


Gaven tried to help, just before being shoved away by his big brothers.

I think he did a pretty good job!

I caved and went ahead and bought us season passes. I figured it was a good use of money and that the boys would enjoy it throughout the year. So any of you here in the area that want to head to the children's museum with us, just give us a holler!

3 comments:

Cassidy said...

Man. I love children's museums. Who knows, maybe we'll be there soon enough. We'll see.

Unknown said...

looks like a lot of fun! Have you checked your car insurance premiums after Gaven driving the bus and cars there? I bet it will MORE than double! :)

Andrea said...

I really need to Chloe to this museum and I also want to go to the one in Austin. That was is supposed to be pretty neat too!