Wednesday, August 4, 2010

42 down, none to go...

Believe it or not, the fun in Washington had to come to an end. It seems like just yesterday the boys were telling everyone that we were staying for "FORTY-TWO DAYS!!"
We flew out yesterday morning, bright and early. Braeden and I waited in the airport as Grandma and the younger boys parked and met us inside.

Just after I took that picture of Braeden, I glanced over to see a very tall guy that looked like a basketball player. I thought it looked like Rasheed Wallace, but he didn't look as buff as I thought he would be and his hair was buzzed really short. I looked for a while from a distance and thought, "that's GOT to be him!" Sure enough, he turned to the side and I saw his signature white patch in the back of his hair. When we walked a little closer, I told Braeden about him and he wanted to go talk to him. I told him I'd ask him if Braeden could shake his hand. Rasheed was pretty nice and shook Braeden's hand. He told him that he liked his shirt. We thanked him and went our own way. I was sad that Carsen wasn't in there to meet him, too.
We didn't have much time at all to play since the security lines were the longest I'd ever seen them. I got the boys together for a picture with Grandma, that she wasn't too happy about because it was 6:00am!! When I tried to take the first one, Braeden looked like this:
He had rubbed his eyes. I asked him what he was doing and he said that he was, "pretending to be sad." He couldn't fool me, though, so I said, "Were you pretending or were you actually sad?" He said, "I really am sad!" He had watery eyes and all!! It was very cute, but kinda broke my heart!
The boys were great on the first leg of the trip. We had a 2 hour layover in Phoenix, and then we were off to Austin. Both Carsen and Gaven fell asleep on the second flight.


On the first leg, Braeden sat in the aisle right next to us. On the second flight, he wanted to sit by the window and he was as happy as a clam!
The sweet lady next to him was so patient listening to his whole life story!!
It was pure joy when Daddy FINALLY arrived at the airport (he got stuck in Austin traffic for over an hour, so he was 50 minutes late picking us up). Carsen was in the bathroom finishing washing his hands, when Braeden came around the corner from the bathroom and spotted Jason.
Gaven got the second hugs, while Braeden ran to get Carsen and tell him to hurry.
Can you feel the excitement?
Carsen and caveman Daddy:
It's good to be home.

Our neighbor across the street saw me watering my flowers this morning and came to give me a pair of soccer cleats her son doesn't wear anymore. He has really small feet, so they were Gaven's size. I put them on to try them on and then he wouldn't let me take them off.

Now let's just hope it doesn't take 42 days to potty-train Gaven. We've been working on it today, so we'll see how things go!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time back home. I'm slightly jealous (ok, really jealous!!) since we didn't get to go back this year. Being with family is wonderful, but I know how happy you must be to be back with your hubby again, too.

Cassidy said...

I'm glad you had such a good time!! I loved the pictures of the kids seeing Jason. That was pretty much like it was for us too. So funny, cute, and tender.
I was a little worried for awhile about Jason and Bo. They were starting to sound like a couple. hahahaa.
Tell Jason thanks for taking care of Bo! And thanks for letting Bo stay!
Scott and White did a good job trying to convince Bo.

Unknown said...

Jason has a little "Clooney" look with the full beard. I would be scared if I was a patient though! Love the reunion pictures!

Andrea McEntire said...

That's great that you got to visit your family for so long. Gaven looks adorable in his new soccer cleats.