Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Yank and a Twist

This was the state of Braeden's front bottom tooth as of last night. I sent him to school with a little baggy in case it came out at school (it was literally hanging on by one root!).While we were eating dinner, I asked him how his tooth was "hanging on." He told me that he could stick his tongue underneath it. Jason and I both told him that it was time to yank it out. Now, if you know my son, Braeden, you know how he is when it comes to any sort of pain or injury... it's NOT PRETTY! To our surprise, he gave it a valiant yank:

Empty handed!

I asked him to pull it forward as far as he could, and if you click on the picture below, you can see that it bends forward more than 90 degrees!

Okay, Braeden, this time, as you pull, give it a good twist! I didn't think that he'd actually do it, however, this time:
SUCCESS!!

I immediately said, "Oh my goodness Braeden, YOU LOST YOUR FIRST TOOTH!" This was the look on his face:

He was pretty excited! I LOVE this kid!

I had a dentist appointment today and when I mentioned Braeden's tooth that was hanging on by a thread, she gave me a little "tooth box" to put it in.

Now I gotta go give the Tooth Fairy a jingle...

2 comments:

Cassidy said...

wow. I can't believe he's old enough to lose a tooth!!! Good job Braeden!

Ashley said...

Alia has had a tooth like that for weeks and she still won't let me pull it out and won't do it herself either. Way to go Braeden!