I've been meaning to post something about this for a while because I know a few of you that follow our blog have wondered...
We finally decided to test Gaven with pecans and the nut roll after he had that funny rash reaction about a month ago. I gave him pecans first and he did just fine with them. I was a little nervous to give him more of the nut roll, but had benadryl on hand and was ready for any reaction that he might have. He ate the nut roll and nothing happened AT ALL. We're happy that he doesn't have an allergy to anything that was in it, and THAT means that it was probably a virus that he had. Strange, but better than an allergy!
3 comments:
Yea for Roo Roo!!
Yay! Just fyi, I saw an allergist a couple of days ago and he was telling me about a treatment called Low Dose Allergen Therapy. It retrains the responses of the immune system. So with this therapy, you can overcome your allergies...both airborne (pollens/pet dander) and foods (peanuts/shellfish). Like any allergy treatment, it takes 3-5 years to complete but there should be some improvement after just a few months.
Tymon and I are going to do it together as there you are limited to what you can eat the day before, day of and day after the shots. I'll probably post at some point how it's going...once I start that is. :o)
I'm so glad he isn't allergic to pecans or nutroll! That would have been way tooooooo sad!
Post a Comment