When we decorated our tree this year and pulled out the "bead candy canes" the boys had made last year, they wanted to make some more this year. It's a really fun, easy craft (as you can see Gaven was able to do it, too). We've been trying to come up with things to do in the evenings while Daddy is on his 2 weeks of evening shifts.

Jason put the Christmas tree lights up Saturday after Thanksgiving. I think he does a great job! We had a little surprise the next night. I hadn't done the garland or the ribbon around the railing and the posts out front yet, I was waiting for a bit of a warmer day so I wouldn't freeze. I had fallen asleep on the couch and at about 10pm, I heard the front door open. I got up to check and it was just Jason turning off the Christmas lights. I thought I could see candy cane lights on the grass by the walkway, but was clearing my eyes figuring that I was just seeing things. Jason came back in and asked me if I was done with the garland on the railing. I told him that I hadn't done any garland on the railing... we argued back and forth a bit until we went out to check. Sure enough, someone had come and decorated our railing with garland and lights and put some candy cane lights around our little walkway to the house. How sweet of someone... who we later found out was our awesome neighbors across the street. I still haven't gotten out to do the ribbon around the poles... it's been freezing!! I guess I've turned into a Texas sized wimp when it comes to the cold!
Another night that Daddy was working, we did some popcorn/cranberry strands. The boys enjoyed that, except for the 4 times Carsen poked his finger (one time drawing blood) and the one time Braeden's surprised face told me that he had stuck the needle through his skin! They did a good job, despite Carsen deviating from our 8 popcorns, 2 cranberries rule. His was more like 3 popcorns, 2 cranberries, 1 popcorn, 3 cranberries, 4 popcorns, 4 cranberries... (the cranberries were easier for him to do!)
I love the two candy canes in the front that are forming a heart. Thanks to one of the little girls we had over the night we did the candy canes!
Jason put the Christmas tree lights up Saturday after Thanksgiving. I think he does a great job! We had a little surprise the next night. I hadn't done the garland or the ribbon around the railing and the posts out front yet, I was waiting for a bit of a warmer day so I wouldn't freeze. I had fallen asleep on the couch and at about 10pm, I heard the front door open. I got up to check and it was just Jason turning off the Christmas lights. I thought I could see candy cane lights on the grass by the walkway, but was clearing my eyes figuring that I was just seeing things. Jason came back in and asked me if I was done with the garland on the railing. I told him that I hadn't done any garland on the railing... we argued back and forth a bit until we went out to check. Sure enough, someone had come and decorated our railing with garland and lights and put some candy cane lights around our little walkway to the house. How sweet of someone... who we later found out was our awesome neighbors across the street. I still haven't gotten out to do the ribbon around the poles... it's been freezing!! I guess I've turned into a Texas sized wimp when it comes to the cold!I'm sure there will be more Christmas crafts in the making this week. And I hope to have pictures of our finished stockings all hanging this year. I had to make Gaven's and re-do Braeden's because his turned out too small compared to the others when I made his 5 years ago. I know, it's about time he has a normal sized one, and that Gaven actually HAS one this year!
4 comments:
I wouldn't call yourself a wimp so fast. The humidity down there makes the cold really bite to the bone. My softball coach in Florida told me once he would take Colorado cold over Florida cold any day. I wouldn't be surprised if you had that kind of humidity, so no calling yourself a wimp. All the pics look great of your Christmas so far.
Love the candy canes. Have you tried the spearmint ones? green and white? I am so glad that Gaven could make some, too! I'm sure the binky helped keep him from eating them!
How fun!!!!!
Cute crafts! Tell Nate to come decorate my house please!
Post a Comment